Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

gmail addon parser

tmccoy says:
I’m amazed by what the firefox addon for gmail can do. The only problem I have with it is the parsing from the add task input (Add task e.g. TPS report 5pm) to the task fields. I’ve figured out what it can and can’t understand as far as time goes but I can’t seem to get it to add to a given list or set the location.

I’d like to do something like: “My new task, add to work list, location office” press enter and have it field all of those things correctly. Does anyone know what it’s looking for when it parses the input or where documentation can be found?

Thanks.
Posted at 11:25pm on September 6, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey tmccoy,

Sorry our documentation isn't too great on this -- supported formats are listed on the RTM for Gmail page.

It currently supports including due dates and tags along with the task name (lists and locations aren't supported at this time, sorry).

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
amber.hartman says:
I don't see any documentation on how to add a task to a specific tag on the link you posted.

What is the formatting for adding a task "buy the milk" to the "grocery" tag?

I want to be able to type in one line in the RTM gmail interface:

buy the milk, grocery tag
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Sure, for including a tag the format is:

"Finish report, tag with work"
Posted 15 years ago
menko says:
Thanks Emily, how do you add the location as well? I'd love to be able to add a task such as:

"work on endless list of things to do" and include my tags "work" and "now" and a location, such as "home"

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
menko says:
Ah never mind I see that's not supported yet. Well if it can do multiple tags, I can use those to fudge the location
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.