Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

I know this is early but ...

(closed account) says:
Your app is significantly slower in the new Google Chrome than all the other web apps I tried. Seems to be the sliding info box that is creating a lag that is noticeable. May want to add it to the list of things to look into.
Posted at 9:14pm on September 2, 2008
spacebear says:
...This is a good opportunity to get rid of the sliding ;) Honestly, I think that a much-quicker-sliding (or not sliding at all, instead just fixed-position) info box would be great!

At the moment I'm trying RTM out with Google Chrome as well, and I have noticed that the Netvibes RTM widget has become VERY big vertically. Maybe this should be addressed.

All the best,
Al
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Thanks Gabriel,

I noticed the same and will have an engineer look at it.

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
tim.byng says:
I have noticed the same thing. RTM loads *much* slower in Google Chrome than in IE7 and FF3.

To give you a better idea, I just ran a test in each of the 3 browsers. I started timing after pressing F5 to do a refresh and stopped once the page was fully rendered. I initially loaded RTM in each browser first:

Google Chrome: 22 seconds
Firefox 3.0.1: 7 seconds
Internet Explorer 7: 7 seconds

I am using Windows XP SP2. I have a Pentium 4 3.20GHz processor with 3GB of RAM.

I don't have Safari, but I wonder if it has the same problem (since they both use WebKit)?

Since others have mentioned the "sliding info box", I should also mention that the animation causes serious performance issues when using it over a remote desktop connection. You're probably thinking: "why use it over a remote desktop connection...it's a web app!". I work from home sometimes and always remote into my computer. It's much easier to have all apps loaded in the remote desktop than having to switch back and forth between my work desktop and home desktop.

Finally, even though Google Chrome is much slower than the other browsers with RTM, the speed in the other browsers isn't that great either. Hopefully any improvements made will help performance in all browsers, not just Google Chrome.
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
We have been looking at this and as Chrome is still beta we are unable to make sure that RTM is displayed or parsed correctly in Chrome. Until Chrome gets out of beta, it will not be added to our supported browser list.

Although for some users Chrome will work, we have seen mixed experiences which leads to the fact that the browser is still beta.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.