Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tasks disappear??

mrshed says:
Hi all

First of all good work on a good app - using it more and more.

However - BIG flaw for me is that tasks do not always save. This has happened about 15 times out of 1000 tasks which isnt a bad percentage, but for me one task lost is one too many.

Basically I save a task, and it appears in the list. However, when I go back to the list half an hour later or so, it isnt there. Sometimes also I will mark a task as complete and it re-appears half an hour later/next time I go on.

What has also happened, but less often, is that I have created a task which has not saved, as above. I then create another one and BOTH appear as if by magic!!

Any suggestions??
Posted at 7:27pm on August 28, 2008
(closed account) says:
I have no solution but can back up your complaint. I am new to RTM but have found after one week that all my tasks have disappeared when RTM fires up in Gmail. They are there in the RTM site but I am not interested in using that.
Posted 15 years ago
mrshed says:
Bump
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi mrshed,

apologies for not responding sooner to your forum-post. Feel free of course to drop us an email if you require personal attention.

I never experienced this issue before myself. On our blog you can read whenever there are connection issue on our side. Can you verify and validate whether you had a connection drop with your ISP. We are RTM strive to have 100% up-time but as it is remains a webapp we are dependent on our own connections but also any peering contacts between our ISP and your ISP.

Do you happen to work with RTM offline? If not, try to activate this as it will make sure that changes are also saved offline.

Hi Stroud,

Please check that you have the latest version of the extension, as changes to Gmail require us to update our extension. To update, please go to "Tools" then "Add-ons" in Firefox, then click "Find Updates" and update the extension when prompted. Please restart Firefox following the update. If the problem continues, Google may have made changes to Gmail that we aren't supporting yet.

Please check to make sure that you're not filtering your tasks (e.g., only showing a particular list). This option is shown directly underneath the "Add task" field at the top of Remember The Milk for Gmail. If you're showing all your tasks, it should say "Set task view here"; if you're not showing all your tasks, you can click the arrow and change the option here.

Let me both know whether you still encounter the issues mentioned above.

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
mrshed says:
Hi Arvid,

I can confirm that there was no connectivity drop. The strange thing is that this occurs AFTER RTM has said that the item has saved.

I do not use it offline - however, I do have offline access activated.

I am running Firefox 3 if it makes any difference.

Thanks for your help so far....any more thoughts?
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks Arvid, it seems there was a filter on, though I don't know how that came about. However, all is now restored. Thanks for your help.
Posted 15 years ago
mrshed says:
Bump again :)
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi mrshed,

although I try to check the forum as often as possible, this is of course not always possible. You are always free to submit a support request if you want.

I haven't heard it before and also never encountered it myself. Would it be possible for you to just use RTM and whenever something goes wrong with saving, note down the time (plus timezone) and let us know via a support request. Then we have more information to look at.

Regards,

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
mrshed says:
No problem Arvid - thanks for your time. Just havent logged a support request, as havent experienced it recently, but will do when it reoccurs!

Cheers!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.