Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Starred Emails Don't Become Tasks

hanlonj says:
Hi,

I have the latest version of Gmail. I have it set to US English. I have also changed the setting in Gmail to make starred emails tasks and applied the change accordingly. However, they do not become tasks.
Any advice?
Posted at 10:16pm on August 5, 2008
(closed account) says:
Hi

I had the same issue. After deactivating Better Gmail 2 0.6 it seems to work again.

Hope it helps.
Posted 15 years ago
balaji.pasumarthy says:
I do not have "Better Gmail"...but the starred emails don't become tasks.

Posted 15 years ago
hanlonj says:
Hi,
I actually installed the latest (June 08) "rtm for gmail" and it works now.The starred emails become tasks but I still don't have the "Make this a task" item on my gmail menu.

hj
Posted 15 years ago
brad.shorr says:
Hi, I'm having same problems. Starred emails don't become tasks, "Make this a task" doesn't appear on gmail menu. Just downloaded RTM current version, have current gmail version.
Posted 15 years ago
benjanssen says:
I'm with brad.shorr. Starred emails don't become tasks. I have the latest RTM version and current gmail version. Better Gmail is uninstalled. Still doesn't work. It used to work, but now it doesn't.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm with all of you on this. Just last week my starred items stopped becoming tasks. I never used the menu drop down to create a task from an email because I always used to just star them and it worked fine. No more. I have triple checked all my settings and I am up to date with RTM and Gmail and my add ons. I don't have Better Gmail either.

What do you think is next?
Posted 15 years ago
benjanssen says:
I wish I knew. No one seems to have a solution to this, and adding a task from my inbox was my favorite RTM function. I hope they get this fixed very soon. PLEEASSEEE!
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
It looks like Google may have released a new version of Gmail's code (they sometimes release the new code to a small number of Gmail users first, before rolling it out to everyone).

We'll need to update our extension to handle their changes -- we'll get this updated as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
Posted 15 years ago
benjanssen says:
Good. Thanks, Emily for letting us know that RTM is doing something about it. I can be patient so long as I know I'm being heard.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.