Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM not loading tasks in GMail since add-on update

(closed account) says:
Hi:

Firefox 3 automatically installed the latest RTM update for Gmail. Now, I am logged in to RTM in Gmail, but none of my tasks appear. I can create a task in RTM in GMail, and it appears in my RTM inbox, though it does not show up in Gmail RTM tasks. However, new tasks created in RTM are not showing up in Gmail.

Only a few add-ons running, none of which caused problems before today - Better Gmail 2, secure log-in, IE view, Blank Canvas Gmail signatures, Clipmarks, Googlegears, and Google notebook.

Have tried uninstalling them, but no success so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard
Posted at 3:51am on July 16, 2008
kcin says:
Since the update the RTM panel doesn't appear when GMail is loaded the first time.

But if I open a mail and then go back to the Inbox then it's there.
Posted 15 years ago
kcin says:
RTM servers appear to answer slowly to requests. It's possible RTM doesn't show in GMail right at the start because of the slow communication. Just a guess.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Richard & kcin,

If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Your report will give us the information that we need to investigate this issue and follow up with you via email (it's difficult for us to diagnose problems with RTM for Gmail via the forums, sorry).

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Same here.
I submitted a report about 10 days ago via the link emily provided but I've yet to get even an acknowledgment from RTM that they are looking into the problem.

I've confirmed that this problem exists in FF3 on Mac & PC, as well as in Flock 2 on Mac & PC.

I have NO other add-ons or plug-ins.
Posted 15 years ago
kwalker says:
Same problem. I upgraded to Firefox 3 yesterday. RTM worked fine both before and after the upgrade yesterday (except that there were no GoogleTalk reminders). When I logged into Google Apps this morning, the RTM reminder panel no longer appears on the gmail screen. It's not hidden. It's simply not there. Also, the "Task" tab is no longer present on my Settings screen. My tasks appear on the RTM web page and also on my Google Calendar, so I know they exist. For some reason, RTM is no longer loading with gmail.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi Emily (and others):

My tasks now somehow appear.I was playing around with the "set task view", seeing if I could find options. Somehow I clicked on one of the links, and my tasks appeared. It kind of surprised me, and I cannot give more precise instructions, unfortunately.

But for those of you with this problem, perhaps you could look around there, and click on lists. If successful, I would be curious to hear your results.

Richard

Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
@rn12/Richard

I tried what you said and lo-and-behold, it seems to be working now.
I set the task view to display list > inbox and it came up with my task list.
Then I switched it back to All Tasks and the list stayed.
Then I closed my browser and came back to Gmail and the tasks were still listed!

Hooray. Hopefully it stays fixed!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Good news. Mine has stayed as well. Richard
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.