Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Twitter integration seems to be down?

aquariuso says:
I've tried retrieving some of my task lists via Twitter (with "d rtm !gl shopping", for example) and got no response. Is the Twitter integration down?
Posted at 9:39am on June 17, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
aquariuso, thanks for reporting this -- we're checking into this and seeing if there are any issues on our side.

I don't know which method you're using to send direct messages, but it sounds like Twitter are currently experiencing some problems with their IM services (on their site it says they're working to restore services).
Posted 15 years ago
aquariuso says:
Yeah, it's prolly Twitter's problem. I'm not using IM (that's been down for about two weeks); I've tried from SMS and from twitter.com, and no luck.

(This was a forum post rather than a bug report because I figured it might just be me rather than everyone!)
Posted 15 years ago
mikestern says:
i do not see RTM's reminders as received messages in twitter, wonder if tthat helps figure out where the communication error is
Posted 15 years ago
herm71 says:
For what it's worth, I'm experiencing the same thing as aquariuso.
Posted 15 years ago
phollo says:
same here, i'm receiving no reminders. tried to stop following / refollowing rtm on twitter, no help. emily, have you got any news? :)
Posted 15 years ago
phollo says:
forgot to mention that tasks are created correctly, but I get no confirmation, nor reminders.
Posted 15 years ago
For anyone experiencing problems with Twitter, could you please submit a Twitter issue report via our support system?

Your report will give us the information that we need (such as Twitter username) to investigate the issue.

We're not aware of any current issues with Twitter from our side, and we've had at least one case that we've investigated where we are sending the messages over to Twitter but unfortunately they don't reach the user (so unfortunately it sounds like there may be some issues on the Twitter end :(

In any case, if you submit a report we'd be happy to check things out with your account on our end, and we can let you know if it's something that you need to report to Twitter.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
Thanks to everyone who's submitted reports so far -- we've checked into this and everything looks to be fine on our end (we're sending messages over to the Twitter side).

Unfortunately it looks like there's something not working on the Twitter end (it sound like they're limiting their API capacity again, which could be causing issues).

We're reporting this to Twitter, but you can also let Twitter know that your account is affected and you're not receiving direct messages from rtm on Twitter.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.