Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Update: RTM for Gmail (extension updated)

emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Some of you may have experienced the problem described in this topic, where RTM for Gmail wasn't loading in Gmail for some users.

This happened as Google made some significant coding architecture changes to Gmail, and our extension wasn't compatible with this new architecture.

We now have a new version of the extension available that works with Gmail's new code.

Firefox should update the extension automatically, but you can also manually tell the browser to update:

1) Go to the "Tools" menu in Firefox, then "Add-ons"
2) Click on the "Find Updates" button in the bottom left corner of the Add-ons window
3) Install the update to the Remember The Milk for Gmail extension when prompted
4) Restart Firefox

If you experience any further problems, please let us know.

Thanks! :)
Posted at 10:22am on January 26, 2008
dylan.obrien says:
Thanks for making a fix so quickly - you guys are awesome!
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks, Emily!!
I was having this problem since this morning but now RTM has returned on my GMail!
Posted 16 years ago
d0t says:
Hooray!!!!!
Posted 16 years ago
kseistrup says:
You rock. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
kzapth245 says:
Thanks a lot for the fix. Life is back to normal again.
Posted 16 years ago
fauxpas says:
Thanks for you help. Seems to be working fine.
Posted 16 years ago
jive says:
hmmmm. doesn't seem to be working for me still. I use GAFYD.....
Posted 16 years ago
jaults says:
Thanks! Works great.

Jason
Posted 16 years ago
binghow says:
HOORAY!!!!! THANKYOU!!!!
Posted 16 years ago
abeals says:
Thanks!! Less than a 24 hour turnaround (at least for my gmail account) on the fix. Great work, Emily and crew!
Posted 16 years ago
ienjoyhotsoup says:
thanks very much!
Posted 16 years ago
pingiotti says:
Thanks so much for having been so fast at fixing that issue! It stopped working for me today and a quick visit to your blog made me understand what happened. I was thrilled the updated version was already available. You guys rock!
Posted 16 years ago
jive says:
ack I figured out what it is. RTM for gmail and Gmail Addons conflicts with eachother. If you run one, you can't run the other... That sux.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks so much. Nice work!
Posted 16 years ago
jacob.stutzman says:
I second pingiotti. When stuff stopped working yesterday, I saw the explanation from emily in the forums. When I started Firefox this morning and saw the update, I was duly impressed. I started using RTM about a month ago, and this episode demonstrates the best reason to keep using it. Thanks.
Posted 16 years ago
cek1227 says:
Jive, I'm running both with no conflicts.
Posted 16 years ago
skyer2000 says:
Thanks for the quick fix!
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Great turnaround on this issue! Unfortunately, I still cannot create a task from the drop down. It still doesn't show no matter what other extensions I turn off. Any ideas?
Posted 16 years ago
adeloso says:
Amazing management of this issue! I am so impressed with the way that RTM handled this issue that I will be upgrading to PRO tonight. Emily tactfully explained the issues to the forum and soonafter RTM issued an quick fix to the firefox plugin. Stellar.
Posted 16 years ago
jive says:
Cek, I am using GAFYD.... could this also be it?
Posted 16 years ago
jive says:
Nope that's not it. I doesn't work with my regular gmail account either.

@Cek, you must not be using the most up - to - date. Several of us are having the same issue.
Posted 16 years ago
pgogineni says:
Thanks Emily,

Now RTM is showing up on the right but the ability to add tasks automatically when I star or label an email is still not working. I have tried turning off both features and reloading then turning each one on individually and reloading, but no go. Anyone else have the same problem?
Posted 16 years ago
tisharayann says:
I am having both of these problems as well. Is there a conflict with Better Gmail?
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Well, I'm up and running perfectly. Maybe if I created a task properly I wouldn't have had these issues. For anyone else who is not seeing the create task or create event in the dropdown, it only shows up when you open the email. Just selecting it in your mailbox will not give you those options in the dropdown. D'oh!
Posted 16 years ago
jutral says:
Everything is working again. Thanks for the update :-)
Posted 16 years ago
jive says:
There are conflicts with the gmail addons script....
Posted 16 years ago
bustaoglu says:
All seems to be working.. thanks for being responsive
Posted 16 years ago
rubendn says:
It started working for me again a few weeks ago when I downgraded Firefox from 2.0.0.11 to 2.0.0.10.

But a couple of days ago it stopped working again with the new update to the RTM addon.

It shows the add task portion but it shows "no tasks". I have to go to the 'options' menu and log-out and log back in for the task to show up again in GMAIL.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to downgrade the RTM addon to see if it will work?

I don't believe I have any other add-ons that affect GMail (no greasemonkey installed).
Posted 16 years ago
hlk1414 says:
It's Great job!
I use it my private's Gmail account,
But it doesn't work at Gmail for Google Apps(Premier)...
Is it scheduled to deal with Gmail for Google Apps?

Posted 16 years ago
djpblog says:
The ability to auto generate a task from a label and by starring an email is also not working here. I have disabled every extension I have to try and find a conflict and no luck as of yet. I take it for many this is working. I only see one post above where someone else had this same issue after getting the new version of the extension.
Posted 16 years ago
djpblog says:
Turns out this was a simple error on my part. You can't automatically make a task from an email with no subject.
Posted 16 years ago
bettinahein says:
For the past couple of days I've been having exactly the same problem as rubendn - I see the add task portion but have to logout and login every time the page is refreshed to see my tasks again. I'm using Google Apps.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.