Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Gmail RTM Not showing up (not listed yet)

ran.sion says:
Hi,
I've searched the thread available but hadn't found any answer...

Anyway, I've installed the RTM extension but it doesn't show up i n Gmail, I've the latest version of firefox 2.0.11 i've uninstall greasmonkey, better gmail 2 and RTM extension, and then installed it back again.
i've tried logging out of gmail and logging in again, still nothing showed up.

and no, i don't have that little arrow on the far right ;-)

any help would be appreciated

Thank!
Posted at 6:38am on January 6, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
ran.sion, can I ask if you're still experiencing problems? As you have Better Gmail 2, I'm assuming that the new version of Gmail is working fine for your account -- I'm not too sure what else could be causing issues. Do you have any other Firefox extensions that may affect Gmail? Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
clicknathan says:
My RTM in Gmail has disappeared as well. It was working as of yesterday, and nothing has changed about my setup...
Posted 16 years ago
funkster says:
I have the same problem, Gmail seems to be playing up over the last few days for me i am hoping it sorts itself out.

Its a shame there isn't a gmail status page on the web so we can see if there are problems... unless there is one? if so let me know!!
Posted 16 years ago
bonkers says:
Similar problem here. Just heard about the combination of RTM and Gmail. Wanted to give it a try and registered with RTM and Gmail. Did all I was told (install instructions), went through the FAQs. Newest versions of everything. Doesn't work on my PC (Win XP Prof) nor on my Laptop (Win Vista).

Help would be appreciated a lot. Thanx
Posted 16 years ago
mroby says:
I have a similar problem with a twist. RTM worked fine at home [at least yesterday it did], but is not working on a different computer. I have my gmail inbox and no RTM.

I love RTM and would really love to know that I can access it anywhere and on any computer.

Thanks for any light you can shed.

mrob
Posted 16 years ago
chindogucci says:
same problem - RTM for Gmail worked fine yesterday - but is not visible at all today.

I am using Gmail for domains rather than plain vanilla Gmail.
Posted 16 years ago
scott.lewis says:
Similar problem here. RTM task pane is visible but with no tasks listed. If I log out then log in again, they appear. There is no mention that I need to log in, I just decided to log out and in again. The problem is that the behavior is not always the same.

Running Gmail app, latest version and Better Gmail 2.

Posted 16 years ago
luebster says:
My RTM tasks disappeared as well. I'm not running Better Gmail extension (like some others).

Firefox 2.0.0.11
Installed extensions:
del.icio.us bookmarks 1.5.44
download statusbar .0.9.5.2
firebug 1.05 (disabled for gmail)
fireftp 0.97.1
RTM 1.0
Talkback 2.0.0.11
Web Developer 1.1.4

I can't imagine any of these bothering RTM, except firebug, which is turned off for RTM and Gmail.
Posted 16 years ago
bruzzi says:
I have the same problem, just says "No tasks".
Posted 16 years ago
luebster says:
****POSSIBLE SOLUTION****

OK, so I *may* have figured it out. There's a small box under the quick task entry box at the top. Clicking the arrow shows you all sorts of filters. Click All Tasks at the top of the list.

All my tasks showed back up.

i don't recall using this menu before, but maybe doing something on the RTM site modified this setting somehow?

Not sure, but my tasks are back. Yay!

Hope this helps.
Posted 16 years ago
nreavill says:
I am having the same problem as the early posters - RTM extension for Gmail is not showing up at all - no mention of tasks anywhere, no Tasks tab in settings. I had better GMail 2 running fine, and I disabled it to see if that was conflicting somehow, but still nothing.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am having the same problem as scott.lewis. The RTM extension shows up, but there are no tasks listed. I have to manually log out and log back in. I have to do this every time I reload/reopen Gmail. I also have BetterGmail2, but even when it is disabled, I still have this problem.
Posted 16 years ago
matgyver says:
I am also having a problem where RTM isn't showing up in GMail anymore at all. I've tried it on two computers, and I've tried logging out and back in Google and RTM. I also dont' see anything in the setting tab either.

Using latest Firefox, tried on both Windows XP SP2 and Vista.
Posted 16 years ago
kamneed says:
same on mac
nothing since yesterday
Posted 16 years ago
dgrant says:
Stopped working for me too. Nothing comes up.
Posted 16 years ago
cek1227 says:
Same here - it's not that the task list is empty. It's that the task list is not there in GMail anymore.
Posted 16 years ago
cek1227 says:
There's a similar post, but it did not solve my problem. This link is related to Better Gmail.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/3723/

Posted 16 years ago
yzafar says:
Same problems here.

I initially thought it was .03 version update of Better Gmail 2, but my other computer w/o the update also is missing RTM in Gmail. So...it's not Better Gmail.
Posted 16 years ago
tclutterbuck says:
And another one. Only difference in my case is I have two google apps accounts home/work. It's there in home, not there in work. Same browser, different tabs.
Posted 16 years ago
matgyver says:
I'm not running Better Gmail, so my problem isn't related to that either. And mine stopped working about 2 days ago.
Posted 16 years ago
kpishdadi says:
im also having the same problem, it worked fine yesterday... today no luck, i tried re-installing the extension but it didnt work.

i havent installed any other plugins to my browser

i'm firefox 2.0.0.11 on osx leopard

Posted 16 years ago
thorrrr says:
I have the same issue the RTM never shows tasks i have to logout and login again!
Posted 16 years ago
crouchingbruin says:
Same problem as everyone else, no more task pull-out along the right edge of the browser window in GMail. Doesn't show up when I log off and log back on. Is it universal or are some people able to see it?
Posted 16 years ago
crouchingbruin says:
By the way, when I click on Settings in GMail, the Tasks tab (which should appear after Web Clips) is no longer there. I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing the extension.
Posted 16 years ago
crouchingbruin says:
Nope, did an uninstall and a reinstall, and it still doesn't show up. The Tasks tab also still does not show up to the right of Web Clips when you click on Settings in GMail.
Posted 16 years ago
black.leg says:
I'm experiencing similar problems to other people here, but with a slight nuance. Things were working fine earlier in the week. But now, when my wife signs in to her gmail account, my list shows up. When I sign in to my account(s), no list. Any idea what to do?
Posted 16 years ago
We're trying to reproduce this and figure out under which conditions this issue happens (unfortunately it doesn't happen in any of our Gmail accounts, which makes it a little trickier to track down!).

If anyone who is experiencing this problem (i.e., the RTM tasks pane not displaying at all in Gmail) would like to volunteer to help us track this down, please contact us -- we'll ask you a couple of questions and get you to test a couple of things in Gmail that will help us to pinpoint the issue.

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
bucks14 says:
Same problem. I have the extension installed, but it doesn't seem to be active at all when I use gmail.
Posted 16 years ago
tarbault says:
Same here: discovered RTM this morning, installed it, restarted firefox and it was here, working all right and all...

Next time I restarted firefox, no RTM on the right: tried different things (reinstall RTM, erased my tracks, installed better gmail uninstalled "delegate to rtm" (which doesn't show either as it did before)
No tasks tab in settings either.
When firefox starts the status bar shows data being transferred with RTM but nothing else shows up.

Happy to know I'm not alone :-)))
Posted 16 years ago
tarbault says:
Edit: I think I might have the beginning of an answer: It work in Gmail but not in GoogleApps Gmail (on the same browser, so you can exclude any extensions or version related explanations)
Can anybody confirm ?
Posted 16 years ago
jeffrayc says:
Same problem for me. Two different computers (XP and Vista). Better Gmail on one, not the other. Both negative on RTM in Gmail. Not using Google Apps Gmail. No tasks in tab settings in Gmail.
Posted 16 years ago
jutral says:
Aye. Tested on two computers (XP and Vista) with no success. Was working a few days ago. Suddenly stopped working.
Posted 16 years ago
tarbault says:
Tested this morning on two more computers:
-one: win2003 server
-two: a kubuntu linux

The result is the same as with my XP box (so you can DEFINITELY rule out software platforms issue)

RTM works like a charm with gmail proper
And does not appear with in google apps gmail...

Could this be a login issue ?
Posted 16 years ago
bucks14 says:
I just tried going to a non secure Gmail link and the extension is now appearing and working fine again.

As with the rest of you, my RTM had previously worked very well, but it had recently disappeared from Gmail altogether. Today I went to my inbox and RTM was not there as usual. On a whim I deleted the "s" from https:// and hit enter. Better Gmail forced the link back to https, but the RTM extension is working now.

Hope that helps some of you.
Posted 16 years ago
arbiter says:
for me, RTM stopped working in windows with better gmail 2 and on my mac laptop which is regular ol' gmail....

any solution?
Posted 16 years ago
cek1227 says:
Removing the "s" from https worked for me, too. Interestingly, I ended up with a https in the end.
Posted 16 years ago
binghow says:
using apps, no go. using gmail, its there. installed better gmail2 last week...
Posted 16 years ago
cek1227 says:
Drats. This trick only worked on my Vista laptop, not my XP desktop.
Posted 16 years ago
cek1227 says:
On better Gmail 2, I unchecked "Force Encrypted Connection" and that seems to have worked on both of my systems.
Posted 16 years ago
binghow says:
ive tried everything but with Apps, it will not show up again. PLease tell me what to do to make it come back! it works with regular gmail, and even when I take Better(2) out, Ive tried changing the encryption manually and in the box, but it still doesnt work with apps....
Posted 16 years ago
arbiter says:
ok i found out something even weirder. i have 4 gmail accounts...3 of the 4 show the rtm in the right column...the 4th does not. it doesnt even show up as "tasks" in the settings

how can it work on one account, but not another...whats the difference?
Posted 16 years ago
d3chapma says:
I have had the same problem as most have mentioned. In the past a was happily using the extension with no problems and seemingly, all of a sudden, it seems to be gone. There is no evidence in gmail that I have the extension installed except that some times firebug gives me two errors related to RTM, which are both:

_RTM_LOADER is not defined
Strings("error/report", Object e=Event error zx=0.924098290360653, false)
Strings(error )
Strings(error )
A(error )
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/js/compiled/rtm.gmail.18.js
Line 2

Not sure if that is helpful or not. I have tried disabling all extensions besides RTM and reinstalling the RTM extension. I have also tried the https to http trick. Nothing seems to bring it back :(
Posted 16 years ago
derrick.ackermann says:
RTM for Gmail has suddenly stopped working for me too. I had it up and running for about a month, but noticed a few days ago that the
RTM pane was no longer displayed to the right of my inbox. The Tasks tab has also disappeared from the Gmail Settings.
I have uninstalled and re-installed the extension without success.
(This happens on my work and home notebook).
Any ideas??)
Posted 16 years ago
cek1227 says:
I had the "Force Encrypted" unclicked, but sadly the pane didn't come up. So I clicked it back on - and the pane reappeared! Somehow, just changing that setting one way or the other has made some sort of difference, but not reliably so. If you don't have the pane and you're running Better Gmail 2, try toggling the setting and refreshing Firefox.
Posted 16 years ago
kpishdadi says:
I'm getting the same error if i enable firebug in gmail.

_RTM_LOADER not defined

Posted 16 years ago
cek1227 says:
Same here.
Posted 16 years ago
kpishdadi says:
I've been fiddling with this for a little over two hours now trying various things to debug the problem.

I've found that all of my other gmail accounts, including coworkers who log into theirs on my computer have no problem with my RTM popping up.

I tried: resetting all privacy data & cookies, reinstalling the plugin, etc..

I even went so far as to use appzapper to zap my firefox which deletes all of the related stuff out of Library with no luck.

I've also tried another computer which has never logged into RTM before. I installed the plug in, and it still didnt show up in my gmail... but does in other accounts.

I tried to make sure that I had all my settings in firefox the same as these other browsers also (like, turning on web clips, and removing colors from labels.... everything).

This leads me to conclude the problem might have to do with something on your end that needs to be reset? Regardless, I sent you an email volunteering to help debug

I'm even willing to let you log into my email if you still can't reproduce the problem.
Posted 16 years ago
jeffrayc says:
Still no luck here. Tried fiddling with the encrypted connection, no luck. Status bar in Firefox says it's connecting to RTM briefly, but still no task pane, still no tasks options under settings in Gmail. Some of the other posters seem to be using Googlle Apps with email - note that I'm not. Just a plain old Gmail account. RTM - Please make it come back!
Posted 16 years ago
justin.constant says:
Either you did something right last night around 9pm (Central) or Google did. I've been having the same problems as everyone else. I think it is tied to a specific account. Ive tried two accounts on two different computers. One account worked on both computers and one didn't. Last night, for some reason, the account that didn't work had the RTM module working. Now its back off.
Posted 16 years ago
dgrant says:
Just flipped to http from https and it worked. Went back to https, doesn't work, then back to http again and doesn't work.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
My RTM was working like a charm when I first installed the extension - a few days ago, it stopped showing up in my gmail account... not just the tasks; RTM doesn't show up AT ALL. It's not minimized to the sidebar... It isn't even in my settings - TASKS doesn't show up there either now. I am using the Newer version of Gmail, FF 2.0.0.11. Funny thing is, when my husband signs into HIS gmail account, my tasks show up there without any problem. How can this be?? And how can I fix it?? It's extremely annoying and I REALLY love RTM, but this is a pain in the neck. I have uninstalled/reinstalled FF, uninstalled several plugins and restarted FF... still, no change. Still showing up in my other gmail account AND in my husband's gmail, but not when I am signed into my main gmail account. I currently have the following add-ons installed: All-in-One Sidebar, dragdropupload, Full Cal, GButts, Google Bookmarks Button, Google Gears, googlebar, gTalk Sidebar, McAfee SiteAdvisor, Remember the Milk for Gmail, Talkback, and Signature. I doubt any of that even matters since it's showing up in other gmail accounts in my FF browser. WHY NOT MINE???
Posted 16 years ago
yzafar says:
RTM folks: any update on this? This is clearly a problem. My email request never got answered. I love RTM, but I'm already starting to look for alternatives....
Posted 16 years ago
kamneed says:
very interesting thing!
I have two gmail accounts, one is ordinary name@gmail.com, another is on Google Apps- name@mydomain.com
so RTM doesn't work on my gmail, but works on Google Apps mail!
same machine, same firefox!
I tried all the things described above, forced https, restarted, cleared cache, uninstalled addon, but situation stays the same.
Posted 16 years ago
Thanks to everyone who has helped us out with testing and diagnosing this issue.

On further investigation, we've found that Google has made some significant coding architecture changes to Gmail -- so far, the new code is only enabled for some Gmail accounts (which is why it affects some users but not others).

The RTM extension isn't currently compatible with the new architecture, unfortunately (it will usually work when the Gmail code changes, but this was quite a significant change and is likely to stop some other Gmail extensions from working too).

We're working to fix this and I'll post again as soon as our extension is updated for Gmail's new code. Thanks for your patience!
Posted 16 years ago
cek1227 says:
I'm still having success with the following trick: Whenever I lose RTM in GMail, I toggle the Better GMail "Force Encryption" setting, close Calender that is brought in by the Gmail Addons Greasemonkey script, and reload. After once or twice, I get RTM back. On occasion, I might have to remove the "s" from https. But with these steps, I can always get my RTM back.

However, I never get the Gmail-RTM interoperability features, such as the "Add Task" drop down item or the ability to add tasks by starring an email.

For those who despair, the RTM in the FF sidebar technique is a very good second best.

The GMail RTM feature is one your coolest, and thanks for your efforts to get this all working again.

With this feature and the GMail Addons script, I can get all my "Outlook-y" functions on one browser page - very cool. So we are eager for the fix. Let us know how we can help test.
Posted 16 years ago
johnsdr says:
I am experiencing the same problem, extension installed, running correct versions but no task bar. Please help. thanks
Posted 16 years ago
yzafar says:
Thanks for the update, Emily...good to know things are at least heading in the right direction!
Posted 16 years ago
bustaoglu says:
This is frustrating. One week after paying for pro account it stopped working for me. I hope there will be a resolution soon. Main reason for me was the Gmail integration
Posted 16 years ago
arbiter says:
for those suffering with this baffling affliction...i have found a temporary workaround that in fact may be better than the gmail plugin. you can make the igoogle plugin load in your bookmark sidebar. that way, your tasks are there no matter what web age you are in. works great on mac and pc...i saw it over on lifehacker how to do it:
http://lifehacker.com/5002003/keep-your-to+do-list-in-the-sidebar

so far i like it better than the gmail plugin, like i said its always there, doesnt take up any additional room and has pretty much the same functionality that drove me to the gmail plugin in the first place...easy to navigate...east to add and postone tasks...check it out. i guess the only thing you really lose is the suggestions of contacts, but that never worked for me anyway. hope this helps everyone who was frustrated by this weird bug (affecting particular gmail accounts, not particular computers)
Posted 16 years ago
binghow says:
I just set up a new account for someone else in our google apps account. I opened up their account to see if it was fine - and what did I see but the RTM pane in all its glory. BUT ITS STILL NOT THERE FOR ME!!!!!!
Posted 16 years ago
ruadog says:
II just experienced this problem this morning. Yesterday everything was fine, as it had been for weeks, today no RTM panel. It's completely gone. Restarted Firefox, rebooted computer, disabled and re-enabled the extension. I'm not using the Better GMail extension, so it's not that. I have to assume it's a Google issue since I use the Gmail notifier extension and this morning was the first time it wouldn't log me in automatically. Even after logging in manually, nothing showed up.
Posted 16 years ago
dougfarnes says:
Ditto here. RTM disappeared in the morning hours of Friday, January 25th.
Posted 16 years ago
wilfred says:
Same here, just dissapeared approx. 9.5 hours before my post here.
Posted 16 years ago
clicknathan says:
Mine wasn't showing up: OS X Leopard, Firefox, Gmail not Google Apps.

I access Gmail through https:// - after RTM wasn't showing up I switched to http:// out of curiosity. RTM showed back up.

I was then able to login through https:// again and it was still showing.
Posted 16 years ago
bmaddock says:
thanks clicknathan. your solution worked for me. phwew!
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
This just happened to me as well when I logged in this morning.
Posted 16 years ago
nanok.bie says:
Mine has disapperad to... must be a general failure.
Posted 16 years ago
aujames95 says:
Just happened to me. As others have stated, if I change from an encrypted to unencrypted (https to http), everything works.
Posted 16 years ago
roblantz says:
Lost mine today also. Switching from https to http does not resolve the problem for me. It appears the Gmail changes described by Emily (above) are being rolled out more widely today based on the comments.
Posted 16 years ago
rj.h says:
No joy here. Tried http and https. Cleared cache, history etc. Still nothing. Status bar shows transferring data from RTM but still doesn't show up. Wonder if Google made a change overnight.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Oops. Just saw this thread after posting to another similar thread. I've also just started to experience this problem on 2 of my gmail accounts on 2 different computers since yesterday.
Posted 16 years ago
crouchingbruin says:
Has the RTM pane always been visible to other GMail accounts on the same machine? For example, I have three GMail accounts. The RTM pane doesn't show up on the GMail account that's registered with RTM, but it does show up when I log into the other two. Sounds like there might be a logic problem in the code, i.e., the way I think it should work is: if this is the GMail account that's registered with RTM, display the task pane, otherwise, don't.
Posted 16 years ago
frediliwl says:
Me too - one runs without problems another one isn't working - I tried it on different computers and deinstalled the addon etc...
Posted 16 years ago
pazit.polak says:
I also have the same problem, which started this morning. I have now tried to uninstall the extension and reinstall it, but I can't reinstall!!! (the link goes to "the connection was interrupted").
Posted 16 years ago
wilfred says:
If anyone's wondering why RTM in gmail is not working, look further up at Emily (from remember the milk) response.

Search for a response with the phrase "new architecture" (apart from this message) to quickly find the post.
Posted 16 years ago
rj.h says:
thx wilfred. as I suspected. guess i panicked right past her post.
Posted 16 years ago
flinz says:
ah so today mine disappeared as well. hope they get it back up running soon - really was the best thing added to gmail in a long while.
and the sidebar workaround is okay, but doesn't really provide all the functionality the gmail thing did (with starring emails and such)
Posted 16 years ago
kzapth245 says:
I hope this will be sorted out soon. I wonder why Google code change should affect the api they release. They should try to minimize the affect, I suppose.
Posted 16 years ago
faraztariq says:
My RTM add-on for GMail was working alright till about 03:00 GMT, now it is gone after I got back from work. Really annoying that GMail (or RTM?) made changes overnight...what an inconvenience...

Can someone from the RTM team please kindly update as about the issue? Thanks very much. Is it our computers that have suddenly gone haywire, or is Google being naughty again?

BW
Posted 16 years ago
joel.schuman says:
Mine was working yesterday, gone today, and I sure do miss it! Hope the RTM crew gets it sorted quickly - I hadn't realized how much i depend on it. Since it seems like 99% of my waking life consists of reading and writing emails, the RTM box on the Gmail screen is the best task app I've had.
Posted 16 years ago
masadream says:
My RTM add-on is also not working at all...
Google have changed Gmail-Greasemonkey API today (see http://code.google.com/p/gmail-greasemonkey/wiki/GmailGreasemonkey10API), so this affects add-on, I suppose.
Posted 16 years ago
masadream says:
Oh, I'm sorry I mistook! Google have not changed recently.
but, all the same, I guess Google changed something...
Posted 16 years ago
billpetro says:
In my case, I installed the GreaseMonkey update, and no RTM list in Gmail.
Posted 16 years ago
billpetro says:
Might it be changes in the CustomizeGoogle Firefox extension? I have turned off the feature that "hides ads" in Gmail, but no success.
Posted 16 years ago
onyxperidot says:
I have the same problem too. RTM for Gmail stopped working all of a sudden a few hours ago. Either RTM has changed something or Google has changed something in Gmail. I am absolutely positive that I had not changed anything in my settings of my computer or of firefox.
Posted 16 years ago
chad.clinton says:
Boy am I glad I'm not the only one. I posted similar in another thread, seems like this is the thread for it. Same issue here I use RTM for gmail personal and GAFYD. It worked fine until this morning, then nothing. RTM is completely dead for GAFYD, while my personal RTM for gmail is hit or miss (I have to refresh several times for it to work). Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
Posted 16 years ago
0cean8lue says:
Same problem here. Very eager to find a solution. I've gotten so that I depend on RTM for keeping track of my emails.
Posted 16 years ago
sparklet says:
i had the same problem and just changed my gmail view to the older version then back to the new version and the RTM sidebar came up again.... might work for others...
Posted 16 years ago
progrium says:
It might be a good idea to put this sort of thing in the FAQ for the Gmail extension. I figured it was broken because of a Google update from the start, especially since some people had the problem and others didn't (new deploys will sometimes need to be tested against previous version, some companies will deploy changes to some users and compare various statistics).

Anyway, since I would personally blame Google for this whole thing (they obviously don't care to notify anybody they're making API changes), I would note that in the RTM for Gmail page... that Google may sometimes change their without notice and will cause the extension to brake in rare circumstances.

To people saying they're looking for alternatives because of this: Your loss. RTM is probably the best at what it does and this was mostly Google's fault. RTM is doing the best they can.
Posted 16 years ago
markus.thor says:
I seems to have the same problem here...
I installed RTM and added the plugins but no RTM showed up in Gmail...
Is there any update on when the new version of Gmail will come for Sweden?
Posted 16 years ago
csesget says:
I have just this afternoon begun to experience this problem as well.

I concur with progrium's remarks.
Posted 16 years ago
jive says:
Well, Same thing has happened here. One both computers one different accounts... GAFYD and gmail.... folders4gmail breaks also.

Google can be irresponsible at times.
Posted 16 years ago
jive says:
RTM folks: This is clearly an issue. I don't know why you don't post the situation and the status of the fix on the blog....
Posted 16 years ago
alexis.richardson says:
mine is back ..
Posted 16 years ago
pmasquel says:
I started having this problem late last night as well. List is still not showing up.
Posted 16 years ago
chriswil says:
jive, read emily's post above. They did post the situation and they're working on it.

I had a strange issue with MilkSync a few weeks back (totally unrelated to the problem in this topic) and the customer support I received was fantastic and quick, so I'm sure they're working on this as fast as they can.
Posted 16 years ago
craig.worth says:
I too have the same problem.

I added a task this morning and it is gone this afternoon. It is obviously still looking for something as the downloading from rememberthemilk.com shows up in the status bar. I have not updated anything.

I would suggest the issue is not related to local machine, as I have tried signing in to a couple of machines, and it is not there.
Posted 16 years ago
prunella says:
Very much looking forward to RTM addon being fixed. I found using RTM somewhat tedious until informed of this plugin and since have become reliant on it.
Posted 16 years ago
orenilan says:
Same here, I have a Gmail account at work and it worked yesterday.
But at home I installed it and it does not work , different machine.
No matter what i do the task list just not show up.
Posted 16 years ago
voyagerfan5761 says:
Google's code futzing has managed to mess up not only the RTM extension for me, but also Gmail Macros (as part of Better Gmail 2). Several functions aren't working. I just saw a gaggle of new comments to the BG2 page on Lifehacker from others having problems with the RTM extension. The fact that other scripts are affected, and that the problem is inconsistent across different accounts, certainly supports the theory that this is a Google thing, as stated by Emily above.

RTM people: Good luck fixing this once the Gmail code settles down again! We know you're doing your best to cope with Google's unannounced changes. ;-)
Posted 16 years ago
lukemccoy says:
Same here, it worked yesterday when I paid for a Pro account and now it doesn't work.
Posted 16 years ago
stevenshults says:
Google messed it up for my account too.

G'luck fixing it RTM crew.

I use it more than any other way of accessing RTM so surely am missing it. :-)

Where should we watch for an announcement for a fix for the Gmail plugin?
Posted 16 years ago
adnyla says:
I'm having the same problem on both Vista and XP boxes and the http(s) fix has not worked for me.

While I love RTM, I'm not such a fan of their interface at their own website. But...using the Google Gadget on www.igoogle.com, I can still see my mail and RTM tasks at the same time. Not as convenient as what I (and we) had grown amazingly used to (in what, six weeks?), but a decent workaround!

Good luck getting it going properly again!
Posted 16 years ago
harschware says:
brand new user. same problem. fresh install of firefox and then RTM. good luck.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Same thing is happening to me, multiple PCs/OSes... it's gone entirely, no sidebar, not showing in the options.

I also note that the "hide spam count" greasemonkey script seems to have broken at the same time, which would point towards Google tweaking their greasemonkey API. Here's hoping for a quick fix.
Posted 16 years ago
d0t says:
Yep, mine just disappeared in the last hour or so. I feel like I'm missing a limb.
Posted 16 years ago
ana.smith says:
Oh no, oh no, oh no.

Please make it come back...

(Quickly)
Posted 16 years ago
Just an update (as I know some people might've missed my post way up there somewhere :)

Google has made some significant coding architecture changes to Gmail -- they've been rolling out these changes gradually, so it affected some users first, and now seems to be affecting most accounts.

The RTM extension isn't currently compatible with the new architecture, unfortunately (it will usually work when the Gmail code changes, but this was quite a significant change and is likely to stop some other Gmail extensions from working too).

We're working as fast as we can to fix this and I will be posting again as soon as our extension is updated for Gmail's new code. Thanks to everyone for your patience!
Posted 16 years ago
Okay, we have a new version of the extension available that works with Gmail's new code.

Firefox should update the extension automatically, but you can also manually tell the browser to update:

1) Go to the "Tools" menu in Firefox, then "Add-ons"
2) Click on the "Find Updates" button in the bottom left corner of the Add-ons window
3) Install the update to the Remember The Milk for Gmail extension when prompted
4) Restart Firefox

If you experience any further problems, please let us know. Thanks again for your patience while we worked to fix this issue!
Posted 16 years ago
micchanxx says:
Emily, thanks so much! I've just updated RTM for Gmail! Now, it's working!
Posted 16 years ago
ana.smith says:
That's great - the order of my universe has been restored!
Thank you
Posted 16 years ago
bonkers says:
Thanx for your work and the quick update. Yet it changes nothing for me. Still no drop down menu or any ToDos in the options. No RTM with googlemail (germany) for me yet.
Posted 16 years ago
bonkers, after installing the extension update (by going to "Tools" then "Add-ons", then "Find Updates"), would it be possible to both clear your browser's cache and restart Firefox?

Also, would it be possible to double check that your language in Gmail is set to English (US)? (Unfortunately the new version of Gmail isn't available for other languages yet, so it will only work with English for now.)

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
flinz says:
It's working again now.
Thanks guys, you're doing a great job with this!
Posted 16 years ago
bo.staahle says:
Mine stopped working yesterday between 1200 and 1800 CET.
Will try diffent fiixed listed here now.
Posted 16 years ago
graywolf says:
Updated to the new version, cleared cache, cleared cookies, restarted and plugin still not working.

mgray.atlasws [at] gmail [dot] com
Posted 16 years ago
graywolf says:
ok had to dasable the "gmail addons" script (better gmail 2?) to get the new remember the milk script to work
Posted 16 years ago
micchanxx says:
when moving to any label from inbox, automatically logoff.
Once back to inbox, automatically login again.
Anybody has same problem?
Posted 16 years ago
bonkers says:
Dear emily,

changing the language settings to english (us) solved the problem for me. Your work and support is much appreciated! Hopefully there will be a german version later on. :-) Thank you very much.
Posted 16 years ago
rjohnsen1 says:
Emily, thanks so much - from me too - it's working again! Getting addicted here so pretty scary to be without rtm-gmail for two days.
Posted 16 years ago
dvinnola says:
I have had all the same issues posted in the thread, but got the latest version, and things are looking pretty good for me. However, I am missing the option to "add" a task. Everything else seems pretty good. Anyone else having that issue? Did I miss a setting maybe?
Posted 16 years ago
dvinnola says:
Quick update. Disabled BetterGmail and it showed back up.
Posted 16 years ago
aujames95 says:
Emily and the RTM team. Great work on turning this around so fast. Thanks!!!
Posted 16 years ago
cek1227 says:
Woo hoo !!! Works great for me, with Better GMail 2, https, and Gmail addons all functioning. WTG RTM!
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yea, i've done everything I can think of. Cleared cache, updated, cleared cookies, uninstalled & reinstalled both RTM & BG2. Still it's not working though. =(

I too found RTM a little monotonous until I found this addon. Your work and support is very much appreciated!
Posted 16 years ago
prunella says:
Thanks so much—it's working post update. YAY!
Posted 16 years ago
stevenshults says:
Thanks for the fast update, fixed it for me!

better gmail users, an update has been posted on lifehacker.com as well.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
well, i don't know what i did to get it working, but now it's working.

i uninstalled and reinstalled again and kept clearing the cache and eventually it showed up.

Thanks for the speedy update!
Posted 16 years ago
argie01 says:
It's doesn't works for me. Not even the last version of RTM extension :(
I never got the trask panel, and the "option" button in the extension list of firefox is disabled :(
Posted 16 years ago
peter.konnecke says:
There a new version og gresemonkey out now ... coul that eb the problem. I'm not seeing tasks at all here and all that was different yesterday, was that greasemonkey was in a perv version
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Updated and working. Thanks!!!
Posted 16 years ago
pmasquel says:
Thanks - works now
Posted 16 years ago
jamosthefifth says:
Hey it's fixed now, thanks a bunch!
Posted 16 years ago
scivetta says:
Awesome. The new update fixed the issue for me too. Keep up the great work!
Posted 16 years ago
waveneyavenue says:
Same issue as argie01. Mine used to work perfectly but now no panel and no option button in extension list of FF, not fixed with new version of extension. Is work still going on to resolve this or should i just forget about it?
Posted 16 years ago
jakc says:
argie01 - same problem. However works on laptop,

I want it
Posted 16 years ago
waveneyavenue & jakc (and anyone else experiencing a similar issue): could you please first try clearing your browser's cache, restarting the browser, and logging in to Gmail again?

Some things to double check:

- Check that you have the latest version of the extension. To update, please go to "Tools" then "Add-ons" in Firefox, then click "Find Updates" and update the extension when prompted. Please restart Firefox following the update.

- Check that you still have the new version of Gmail. You have the new version if you see an "Older version" link at the top right in Gmail. (If you're using an international version of Gmail, or Gmail with Google Apps, you may not have the new version yet.)

- Check that the tasks pane is not collapsed. You can expand it by clicking on the small arrow on the right of the page in Gmail.

If the problem continues, if you can answer the following questions, this would help us to investigate the issue:

1) Are you using regular Gmail or Gmail with Google Apps?

2) Do you access Gmail via the regular http:// URL or are you using the secure https:// URL?

3) Do you have any other Firefox extensions installed (particularly those that may affect Gmail)?

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
My problem is that the entire RTM pane disappears. I am unable to isolate the problem. I am using FF version 2.0.0.12 and GMail 2 for Apps with an https:// access.

After I have cleared the cache and removed cookies for both mail.google.com and rememberthemilk.com I restart the browser. When I login to GMail, the RTM task login prompt appears. Logging in to RTM results in the display of the RTM pane. Thereafter when I leave the GMail tab and return or when I reload the page the RTM pane is not visible.

Disabling all extensions except RTM has no affect on resolving the issue.

The only fix that works consistently is to clear the cache and cookies and restart the browser.

I hope this is helpful to resolving this issue.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am having the exact same problem that jdefgts posted on 2/12.
Posted 16 years ago
jdefgts and moragakd, would it be possible to clear your browser's cache, restart the browser, and login to Gmail again?

We've made some changes today (due to changes in Gmail's code) that may fix the issue you're experiencing -- if it continues to happen, please let us know. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
miqueltegler says:
i clicked on something in gmail and rtm disappeared. i tried logging out and in again. disabling and re-enabling the plug-in and still no rtm.

any help would be appreciated
Posted 16 years ago
miqueltegler says:
never mind. didn't realize you could hide the sidebar
Posted 16 years ago
djpblog says:
Labeling and Starring is broken again for me. The Task pane shows just fine and all other functionality of the extension works just fine. I have disabled all but the RTM extension, am using HTTP, and have cleared my cache. Is this known to be broken or is starring and labeling emails working for some folks out there?
Posted 16 years ago
john.lillistone says:
I'm a UK based user of Google Mail and run it for a domain, even with the roll out before ready option checked I don't see any "older version" links or a revised contact page. I'm assuming that it is the lack of the new Gmail interface that is preventing me from seeing any of the RTM functionality, not anything else like Firefox 3 Beta, Mac OSX etc. Help appreciated.

I know this is not the right place but anyother users still waiting for the new Gmail?

The Calendar add in works perfectly within my domain, many thanks to the folks who developed this.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Labeling and starring in gmail broke for me again in the last couple of days as well.

I have tried both the http and https, I have disabled the customizegoogle addon, and looked for any recent updates.
I have also cleared the cache.

Firefox version is: 2.0.0.12
I have the new gmail.
Posted 16 years ago
pagem says:
Hi,

Is RTM working with Gmail?

I'm a new RTM user and want to access from GMail. Installed the FF but no tasks in mail view or task options under settings.

Please advise if this is me, Google of RTM?

Thanks.
Posted 15 years ago
We're checking into this, as Gmail seems to have updated their code again for a small number of users.

john.lillistone, you might need to make sure your language in Gmail is set to "US English" (I don't think Google have made Gmail available in other languages or UK English just yet for all users).

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
reidr says:
I too have lost my RTM in gmail the last few days. No amount of clearing cache and deleting cookies seems to help. Gmail is set to "US English". RTM 1.0.1, firefox nightly 20080309, linux. I'm not aware of any gmail changes, but who knows.... Thanks for RTM!
Posted 15 years ago
fauxpas says:
FWIW: I see RTM in my gmail but it just contains the add a task box, option and refresh links (which don't work).
Posted 15 years ago
reidr says:
I think my problem may have been with the firefox nightly I was using. As of the version from 2008031004 (today), I have my RTM back. Whee! Sorry about the noise.
Posted 15 years ago
njustn says:
I'm seeing this one as well, it's the same across FF2, flock, and FF3b3. Bar shows up just fine, but adding by starring, labeling, and the more actions dropdown are all out of commission at the moment. In fact the item in the dropdown menu fails to appear at all. Aside from email-related task creation though it all seems to work fine.
Posted 15 years ago
fauxpas says:
Mine is working now. Alright!
Posted 15 years ago
fauxpas says:
Well it worked for about two minutes. Weird!
Posted 15 years ago
This issue should now be fixed -- we confirmed that Google did indeed change their code again, so we had to update this feature to use the new Gmail code. (You may need to clear your cache and restart your browser if reloading Gmail doesn't fix it.) Please let us know if you continue to experience problems. Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
fauxpas says:
Sorry, still not working, clear cache, restarted etc.
Posted 15 years ago
alps says:
My RTM for GMAIL seemed to disapear, tried emptying cache, updating RTM extension and reloading, finally noticed a tiny triangle on the far right of the window about half way down my messages and low and behold when I clicked on it, RTM appeared, click again and it is hidden.
Posted 15 years ago
momsl8 says:
I've had the same problem.....after installing the recommended MS Updates....RTM no longer shows up (not even in Settings, Tasks) in my GMAIL. I uninstall, reinstall, and it works fine, until I close out the tab, and later revisit Gmail. Then RTM isn't there again. I'll clear cache to see what's going on, but I can't clear cookies, because it messes with my online banking key.

Posted 15 years ago
nath.p.johnson says:
Same here I'm afraid. I have just added the gmail plug in after using RTM with googlecalendar. Cleared the cache, cookies, authenticated sessions, restarted and re installed plugin, all twice over, no sign of the task window in my gmail inbox.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've had the same problem - discovered tonight that Java scripting must be turned on - If you use the NOSCRIPT extension for Firefox, you need turn it on for the rememberthemilk.com site.
Mark
Posted 15 years ago
genomancer says:
Possible solution/fix....

I know this sounds silly, but if you still have this problem check to see that the RTM pane isn't simply "collapsed". I ran into the problem originally when the gmail arch changed so I figured it was still happening then I just realized that there's a tiny grey arrow to the right side of my Gmail inbox; the entire RTM box is folded away like a toolbar. Handy, really... now that I know about it :P

G
Posted 15 years ago
sromanf says:
From Spain,

Since Firefox updated RTM not working-. I follow all your cheks and recommendatios but it does not work at all.

Worst: I have desintall RTH Add-on and I am not able to reinstall again. Firefox said :
e.location.getItem.Location(e.id) has no properties.

Please help

Thanks
Posted 15 years ago
sparklet says:
my RTM list is not showing in my gmail account either.

what i noticed this morning is MY RTM list is showing up on my husband's gmail account when he checks his mail from MY computer.

i would be happy to help you test and troubleshoot this issue as i really want to use RTM in my gmail.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Emily, looks like Google may have changed the code again.

RTM suddenly not showing up on any of my 3 Google Apps accounts.

Do they do this just to keep you on your toes? ;-)
Posted 15 years ago
We're checking it out... it doesn't look like they've rolled out a new version (and when they do, it usually only stops starring/labeling and the 'create task' menu item from working). We've had a couple of reports though, so something weird is definitely going on!

sparklet, when RTM for Gmail is installed, it will display RTM in Gmail for anyone who uses that computer (it uses RTM logins, so will display the currently logged in RTM account). We're checking out why it wouldn't show in your Gmail account though.

Does anyone experiencing this problem happen to have any other Firefox extensions installed (particularly those that might affect Gmail)? I'm wondering if something else might have updated today.
Posted 15 years ago
And Judi... yes it's beginning to look that way :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Emily, on the affected pages when I load Gmail it's not even trying to hit www.rememberthemilk.com after the page loads.

And I think it may be a Google issue because now of my 3 accounts, one will load RTM and the other 2 won't (even after logging in/out and clearing the cache). That tells me it may not be a browser-based issue.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Seems to be working again. Thanks if it's anything you did. :-)
Posted 15 years ago
cadrian says:
It stopped working for me too, it looks like the problem lies with the latest version of Better Gmail 2 (0.3.5).
I deactivated it, restarted Firefox... and RTM worked. So I tried to reactivate BG2 so as to try individual options...
And it works again, with no setup change!

Weird.
Posted 15 years ago
pr1ncess73 says:
Not working for me either.

Updated Firefox. Installed update for Better Gmail 2.

Have activated, reactivated, many, many times. Still no tasks showing.

Boo :(
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.