Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Gmail extension not working -- new thread for problem as of Jan 25

trentono says:
Hi Milkers,

Just wanted to break this into a new thread, since the other "Gmail add-on not working" threads seem to be about a different issue, and I'm not sure if posting to the previous threads will get the devs' attention.

As of (at least) Jan. 25, the RTM panel is not showing up at all in Gmail. I suspect this has something to do with changes to the Gmail page. (I use Gmail Macros as well, and some functionality in that script was broken due to Gmail running some javascript in an iframe, apparently).

Looking forward to the return of the Gmail add-on...the best thing to happen to RTM & Gmail ever, in my opinion!

Posted at 7:39am on January 26, 2008
bittercrash says:
Same here.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This is actually the same issue that's posted over here (that thread is a little confusing because it did start discussing a different issue).

I've been posting updates on that thread -- Google has made some significant coding architecture changes to Gmail. They've been rolling out these changes gradually, so it affected some users first, and now seems to be affecting most accounts.

The RTM extension isn't currently compatible with the new architecture, unfortunately (it will usually work when the Gmail code changes, but this was quite a significant change and is likely to stop some other Gmail extensions from working too).

We're working as fast as we can to fix this and I will be posting again as soon as our extension is updated for Gmail's new code. Thanks for your patience!
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Okay, we have a new version of the extension available that works with Gmail's new code.

Firefox should update the extension automatically, but you can also manually tell the browser to update:

1) Go to the "Tools" menu in Firefox, then "Add-ons"
2) Click on the "Find Updates" button in the bottom left corner of the Add-ons window
3) Install the update to the Remember The Milk for Gmail extension when prompted
4) Restart Firefox

If you experience any further problems, please let us know. Thanks again for your patience while we worked to fix this issue!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.