Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM Reps - Please Fix Gmail Plugin

ckelly06 says:
It sounds like the gmail plugin is not working for a lot of your users (including myself). Is anyone from RTM on this? I can't function without this plugin :)
Posted at 11:48pm on January 25, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
I've been posting updates on this topic -- we are very much aware of this issue.

Google has made some significant coding architecture changes to Gmail -- they've been rolling out these changes gradually, so it affected some users first, and now seems to be affecting most accounts.

The RTM extension isn't currently compatible with the new architecture, unfortunately (it will usually work when the Gmail code changes, but this was quite a significant change and is likely to stop some other Gmail extensions from working too).

We're working as fast as we can to fix this and I will be posting again as soon as our extension is updated for Gmail's new code. Thanks for your patience!
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Okay, we have a new version of the extension available that works with Gmail's new code.

Firefox should update the extension automatically, but you can also manually tell the browser to update:

1) Go to the "Tools" menu in Firefox, then "Add-ons"
2) Click on the "Find Updates" button in the bottom left corner of the Add-ons window
3) Install the update to the Remember The Milk for Gmail extension when prompted
4) Restart Firefox

If you experience any further problems, please let us know. Thanks again for your patience while we worked to fix this issue!
Posted 16 years ago
naor says:
works for me, had to log out and login via the side bar, in order to have the "starring/to-do labling" work.

good job emily :)
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.