Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Late Notifications

cfgauss says:
I reinstalled RTM today due to late notifications (up to at least 8 mins late) but still have the same behavior. I'm running RTM on Android 14, Samsung Galaxy S21. Any workarounds/fixes will be gratefully received.
Posted at 9:27pm on February 7, 2024
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi cfgauss,
Thanks for getting in touch and reporting this issue.

Android reminders are issued locally, so any delays may be a problem either with syncing (getting those tasks and changes to your phone) or on the device (getting those reminders scheduled and alerted on time).

My main suggestion is to make sure there are no battery or optimization settings limiting the app from working at full capacity. Those vary by device and version, and I'm not totally sure where they are for a Samsung Galaxy, but they can usually be found in Android Settings > Apps > Remember The Milk > App battery use (set to Unrestricted).

If that doesn't help or if this continues, we'd love to get some more specifics and see if we can investigate further on our end, if you're able to contact us so we can continue the conversation by email. Thanks! 💙
Posted 11 weeks ago
cfgauss says:
On a Galaxy S21: Android Settings > Apps > Remember The Milk > Battery > Unrestricted. This seems to have helped so, for now, close this "ticket."

If I want to receive email notifications of posters to Help Forum threads, what is the configuration?
Posted 9 weeks ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi cfgauss,
We're glad to hear the notifications are working! It's not possible to receive email notifications for the forums though, sorry. I'll pass your interest on to the development team! 💙
Posted 9 weeks ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
The forums do support RSS feeds, and I think there are RSS to email services you can use if that’s helpful.
Posted 9 weeks ago