Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

using RTM offline

judykator says:
I've been blocked from the RTM website at work. I would like to use RTM offline at work. Unfortunately, it will be 2 chrome browsers. What specific file would I need to transfer between computers for this to work ?
Posted at 9:27pm on January 26, 2023
judykator says:
And as if it looked like I was using Firefox at work and at home? What file sync?
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi judykator,
I'm sorry to hear that! And I wonder if this informs your portable version question! I wish I'd seen these in the opposite order!

Anyhow, it's not guaranteed to work to transfer the offline files between Chrome instances. Would it work to have each of them sync separately? Or do you need to take offline changes from one computer to another before connecting?

We will probably need to confer a bit more on our end to give a more complete answer, but it will likely be a "here's our best guess" kind of thing since we can't control the browser's handling of the offline files.

So if you can say more about what you're looking to do we can see what we can come up with! 💙
Posted 1 year ago
judykator says:
Firefox in work
|
some file on a flash drive from the Firefox profile (I don't know which one)
|
Firefox at home

or analogously in chrome
Posted 1 year ago
judykator says:
Firefox at work won't connect to the internet

Synchronization with RTM service would take place only at home. And RTM would be heavily used at work.
Posted 1 year ago
Hi judykator,
Our understanding is that Chrome or Firefox use a single sqlite database for all website storage in a browser profile.

If you only use Remember The Milk it may be simple enough that it could be dropped in but it could be difficult to rely on.

You can see more about the location of this file and details about it in this page.

It's also possible to use a SQLite tool to extract specific data from this file, but I'm not sure how useful that is day to day.

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 1 year ago
Hi judykator,
Our understanding is that Chrome or Firefox use a single sqlite database for all website storage in a browser profile.

If you only use Remember The Milk it may be simple enough that it could be dropped in but it could be difficult to rely on.

You can see more about the location of this file and details about it in this page.

It's also possible to use a SQLite tool to extract specific data from this file, but I'm not sure how useful that is day to day.

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.