Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Assistant connection does not work for German language mobile phones

irishdancer says:
Dear RTM team,

I tried to connect Google assistant with RTM and found that I can't connect it, in spite of issuing the command "talk to RTM" in English.
Then I tried to connect to RTM using my Google Home app on the iphone only to not find it on the list of available apps.

AFter a brief search on the forum it seems this was only set up for English-language phones?

As I live in Austria and German is my native language all my mobile phone settings (iphone 11) are German. Can you make the connection available for such a configuration as well? I know I have to issue the commands in English and am able to do so.

Suggestion for the future: make this also available in other languages than English :) e.g. German, Spanish or French

Thanks in advance!
Posted at 10:04pm on January 8, 2023
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi irishdancer,
Yes, that's right: the Google Assistant action is only available in English currently. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If it helps at all, since you have an iPhone, you can use our Siri integration in German.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else! 💙
Posted 1 year ago
irishdancer says:
Thank you, I'll try the Siri integration. (y) I wasn't qite aware of it until now, thanks for the tip!

But dang it, I was hoping I could use my google Nest when passing it in the livingroom and remembering something or other I wanted to do. :P
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.