Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Start Time/Date Question

(closed account) says:
I am new to RTM and have a question concerning start dates.

Is there a way to view the start date/time in a List view, other than only showing up on the due date? I must be missing something somewhere.

Another words, if I have a task schedule to start on Friday and due on Sunday, without physically looking for it, it won’t show up until the due date, Sunday.

This makes it hard when the task should be started on Friday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you.
Posted at 1:51pm on November 5, 2022
(closed account) says:
Hi harvison. This might have to do with your Smart List (I'm assuming you're using a Smart List); can you share the query for your Smart List?

If your Smart List only looks for tasks that are due today, then that's all it will show. You want your query to also show the tasks that start today or earlier.

For example, several of my Smart Lists will include something like this:
(list:Inbox OR list:A) AND (startBefore:tomorrow OR dueBefore:tomorrow)

That will include all tasks that are in the Inbox list or in a list titled A and that have start dates or due dates that are set for today or earlier.

Does that help any, or am I misunderstanding your issue?
Posted 1 year ago
(closed account) says:
I didn’t word my question properly. I couldn’t figure out why a task starting today and due later was not showing up in the Today section.

I have since created a smart List for starting and today.

I appreciate your help @geojono.
Thank you.
Posted 1 year ago
kim.writing says:
As far as I can tell, the built in 'Today', 'Tomorrow' and 'This week' lists all work off the due date only. Tasks that don't have a due date won't ever show up on those lists.
I guess you could make a smartlist if you want other behaviour. Personally, I use due dates quite sparingly so I mostly operate with smartlists and don't use those built in lists very much at all.
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.