Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

smart list "late tasks"

welmoed95 says:
Hi,

I have tried to build a smart list "late tasks", seems to be pretty simple but... if I add the criteria "due to before today", the list contains only achieved tasks ; and if I add the criteria "status not achieved", the list is empty... although I have 37 late tasks in the task board (in the right).
please note I have translated the RTM words in my own English as I work in French... perharps it's not exactly the same in official RTM words
Posted at 8:18am on October 19, 2022
floweringtree says:
This may not be the only possible problem, but seems worth mentioning.

On the web app there is a incomplete/completed tab at the top of the main display board, where the list of tasks is.

(I'm not sure how it changes in different display/device modes. I have never seen incomplete and completed tasks in the same list).

If you were on the "completed" tab, it would have the described effect - that is, it would only show completed tasks in the displayed list.

To see incomplete tasks, click on the "incomplete" tab.

I have been caught out by this sometimes - the control isn't quite where I'd expect to look for it. :-s :-)
Posted 1 year ago
(closed account) says:
What do you get if you do a search in the web app for "dueBefore:today" (without quotes)? If that gives you what you want, you can then save that as a Smart List.
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi welmoed95,
dueBefore:today would show incomplete tasks that are due before today.

I wonder if there might be something else going on with this Smart List. Could you paste the full output or contact us to discuss the specifics of your Smart List? Thanks!
Posted 1 year ago
welmoed95 says:
CC of my mail to support :

Hi,

As asked in your answer to my topic.

I have built a smart list :
Date d'échéance : avant aujourd'hui
> result : vous n'avez aucune tâche en suspens dans cette liste !

despite of 48 tasks late in the couting button in "toutes les tâches"

(I'm working in french, although I'm pretty easy in English as you can see - or not... my English is perhaps not as fluent as I thought haha)

My purpose is to have only tasks due today in my "today" list and if I have finished, be able to pick up in the "late tasks" then.

Hope it's clear
Posted 1 year ago
welmoed95 says:
... in the same time...
it would be great to have links in these buttons "due to today" & "late" to click on it and have only these tasks...
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi welmoed95,
Thanks for emailing! I think we'll need to dig into some more specifics on this, so I've written you back. We'll continue there!

If anyone else has any problems, please let me know and I'll watch this space! 💙
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.