Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM widget does not update

emielvdr says:
RTM 8.0.1 with widget only updates the widget after opening RTM (clicking the widget) on iOS 16.0 (20A362).
After opening the widget is updated, but this makes the widget useless.
Posted at 4:03pm on September 22, 2022
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi emielvdr,
Sorry to hear that! You may want to make sure that background refresh is on and that the app has not been quit in the background (i.e. that you're not swiping it up).

Widget updates are scheduled by iOS and can take about 15 to 60 minutes depending on your usage.

If that doesn't seem to be updating in that range, keep me posted on what you find there and we'll see what else we need to look at! 💙
Posted 1 year ago
emielvdr says:
Sorry for getting back so late to this topic. I’ve did some testing. This mostly occurs when updating tasks in the web app (eg. complete tasks).
On default I don’t have any apps open on my phone, but have enabled background refresh. Do they really need to be open in de background to update the widget? Isn’t this a separate process?
Posted 1 year ago
emielvdr says:
Problem especially arises when I work online with website and update my tasks. This is then not reflected in the widget on my phone and/or watch until I actively open the RTM app.
Posted 1 year ago
emielvdr says:
@andrewski no answer anymore?

Seems RTM is a not very much alive anymore
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi emielvdr,
Sorry for the delay. I am just seeing your response.

Manually quitting the app disables background refresh, even if enabled, and would cause the behavior you are seeing: you only see updates when you open the app.

Keeping the app "open" in the background will not affect your battery life or iPhone performance. Background operation is designed to be minimally intrusive on iOS.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted on what you find. 💙
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.