Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can’t search for task containing an apostrophe because there’s characters different character codes for apostrophe

nah.why says:
My task name contains “you can't search this “

When I search on the iOS app for “can’t” there is no match because the apostrophe chars are different codes.

Can you abstract out the apostrophe char and make it match any apostrophe?
Posted at 7:36pm on August 29, 2022
(closed account) says:
I'm not getting the same result in the web app. If I create a task titled You can't search this and then search for can't, it finds it fine.

Could it be that when you created the task you copied it from somewhere else and pasted it into the task description? If so, the original source was probably using a different apostrophe.

Or are you creating the task in one platform and then searching for it in another?

Either way, it's a good idea for those additional codes to be converted to something ambiguous so that any apostrophe can be searched by any other apostrophe. Another solution would be for RTM to automatically convert all task text to generic text, but some people use special characters intentionally.

Of course, you could also just search for a term that doesn't have an apostrophe.
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi nah.why,
Thanks for getting in touch. I've added this to our list to look into. Sorry for the inconvenience there and thanks for describing how that happens to you!
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.