Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Note dates get reset

steve23606 says:
I have a number of repeating tasks with multiple notes. I frequently find that the dates and times on notes are being reset such that they are all identical. I've noticed that this is a problem for over ten years and surprised it has not been fixed.
Posted at 5:25pm on July 18, 2022
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi steve23606,
Currently note dates are generated when a task is created, so with a repeating task the notes are generated each time the repeating task repeats.

Thanks for your feedback that you'd prefer those to carry over from previous tasks, and I'll pass this on to the development team! You can also vote for this change in our Ideas forum.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else! 💙
Posted 1 year ago
steve23606 says:
That's not the behaviour I'm seeing with repeating tasks.

To test I set up a daily repeating task, and every day added a note before completing the task. The original note dates/times were retained across the repeated tasks.
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi steve23606,
Sorry I wasn't specific: this will occur with tasks that repeat "after [an interval]", but tasks that repeat "every [interval]" (like "daily") will continue to carry over the original notes' times.

Does that match what you're seeing with your existing tasks where you mentioned noticing this?

Either way I've passed your feedback on to the development team though, and we appreciate this! 💙
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.