Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How do I get "March 2022" to be recognized as a part of a task name?

leedherman says:
If I send an email to RTM import with task entries that contain "March 2022" as part of the task name, in addition to the date I specify with ^, the due date is correctly assigned but RTM deletes the "March 2022" from the task name. Is there a way to get the "March 2022" to be part of the task name?
Posted at 1:18am on March 7, 2022
(closed account) says:
I'm not sure if there's a way to do that when you create the task initially (Andrew, is an escape symbol?), but after it's created, you can go into the task and edit the task name to include "March 2022" or anything else that might be needed.

I hope this helps a bit.
Posted 2 years ago
azclaire says:
For your example, I use this format in my task names: 3 letter abbreviation for the month & then the 2 digit year:
Jan22

I mostly use this format in tasks that need to be performed before the true due date. For example, my task to pay a bill will carry a week before due date but the task name will be:

“Water bill due APR04” (dd instead of yy) with an assigned due date of March 28.

Posted 2 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi leedherman,
There are some oddities over email in some cases, and I apologize if you hit one of those!

Generally the date needs to be on the right and everything else will be part of the task name, for example:

Discuss March 2022 report ^tomorrow

but we do have some tips for managing this in some unexpected circumstances.

But again, if it's not working the way I'm describing you may have hit a snag, and it'd be great if you could contact us so we could get some specifics (like the email subject line) to track this down.

Thanks all around!
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.