Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Due After X Workdays Possible?

abhay.kushwaha says:
I am trying to figure out how to set up a due-date for a task after X number of workdays so that the due-date is always on a workday and follows certain workday count-based SLAs. For example, I want a task due on 7th workday, never on a weekend. Is this possible or do I have to manually count out the due-date every time I want to do this?
Posted at 8:53am on March 5, 2022
(closed account) says:
You can do weekdays, but there's no way that I know of to define workdays other than weekdays (Mon - Fri).

However...

I couldn't find a way to set a Due date for 7 weekdays from now. I tried ^7 weekdays, but RTM translated that into 7 weeks, so that didn't work.

For repeats, you can do after 7 weekdays and it works correctly. In my test, I set it to be due today and to repeat after 7 weekdays. When I completed the task, the next one was due on Mar 16, which is 7 weekdays after today.

But, it doesn't look like it translates every 7 weekdays well at all. When I tried a repeat of every 7 weekdays, it translated that as every 7 weeks.

That's what I discovered in my tests. I know it probably doesn't help much, but perhaps these oddities (setting due dates, and the every repeat translation) can be corrected in the future.
Posted 2 years ago
abhay.kushwaha says:
Thank you, for the help and suggestions geojono. I'll just chalk it up to another RTM "weakness" and move on. :(
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.