Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Widgets not updating until app opened

rodsherw says:
I have several widgets on the home screen such as Tasks Due Today and they do not update unless I open the app. Quite often I see tasks that I have marked completed on my windows desktop app still showing as due in the iPhone widgets.

Any fix?
Posted at 3:53am on October 15, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi rodsherw,
Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear that!

You may want to make sure you have the app set to background refresh, and that low power mode is off on your iPhone generally.

Then you may also want to make sure push sync is enabled in the app's Settings.

All of that should help make sure the app is updating, and then the widget should update based on the app syncing periodically, which should be at most about 15 minutes.

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 2 years ago
rodsherw says:
I'm using IOS 15. Under the RTM settings, the option under Sync are Schedule and Sync. The Schedule is set to Auto and the Sync is set to "Completed 1 month back".

Where do I find the settings that you refer to i.e. background sync?
Posted 2 years ago
rodsherw says:
Ok, under the general iPhone settings, ETM, I found the Background App Refresh which is set to On. Still doesn't update the widgets or the tasks until I open the RTM app.
Posted 2 years ago
rodsherw says:
I'm using an iPhone12 Pro Max with IOS15.0.2.
Posted 2 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi rodsherw,
Sorry that's continued. Can you enable a badge on the app icon and let me know if that updates when you add/complete a task? That can help to know if the background sync is occurring or not.
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.