Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Linking to Office 365 Outlook conversation

rick.arnett says:
I'm trying to find the best way to link directly to an Office 365 email conversation in Outlook in conversation view so I can have that link in a task in RTM. Surprisingly, I don't know that this is possible. In Gmail, the URL you see in the URL bar can be copied and pasted into a RTM todo so I can link back to that email at a later time (when I'm waiting on a task, need more context, etc). Does anyone know a way to make this work?
Posted at 12:19pm on October 6, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi rick.arnett,
Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm not familiar with a way to do this in Outlook 365 with a URL, but if it helps at all you can use MilkSync to connect your email messages to tasks.

It's also possible to use our Gmail add-on, though that may not help much here I understand!

I hope this helps a bit though in terms of wrangling that email-to-task workflow! 💙
Posted 2 years ago
rick.arnett says:
It's a tough pill to swallow that in 2021 I can't get a URL directly to a conversation in Outlook, but I guess that's the state of things. MilkSync would be closest to helping, but I really didn't want to manage tasks in more than one system even if it is automated. This one thing is why I try to only work at companies that use GMail, lol.

Thanks for the follow up and confirming what I thought. Here's hoping M$ finds a way to change this someday.
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.