Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

tagging not working on iOS

t3gu3r says:
I use a feature of RTM that would save me lots of time, if only it worked reliably.
Every day, I use my phone or tablet to gather timely news stories for social media posts for my business. The reason I do that on mobile is because I can tag and schedule those tasks, without having to go directly to RTM. Very useful! I always tag these tasks "socmedposts".
Unfortunately, the tagging isn't working.
Every single day some, if not all, of those tasks show up in RTM with no tags at all.
This is not just user error folks. I've been doing this a half dozen times a day for a long time, and it's a solid routine. Click, click, done. What's more, since I started seeing how often the tasks aren't getting tagged, I've been particularly meticulous about it. So it's not that I'm forgetting to tag them, not at all.
I've been tracking which news stories don't get tagged, wondering if it has anything to do with the periodical I got it from, or other causes.
Nope. This feature just doesn't work. Works sometimes, but most times, not at all.
What's more, sometimes the URL doesn't get entered into the task. If I didn't make sure to get the title of the news story into the title of the task, then I'm SOL. That news story is irretrievable.
Hoping someone has some advice about this.
Posted at 2:19pm on September 10, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi t3gu3r,
Sorry to hear about this but thanks for letting us know!

First, finding these missing tasks may be possible, for example searching for tasks missing this tag but added from the iPhone app with a URL:

source:iphone AND hasURL:true AND NOT tag: socmedposts

You could add some other searches to that as well if you wanted to find any other tasks that may have slipped through the cracks. Let me know if you want any more help there!

Onward to the main issue: sorry the app isn't doing this consistently! We'd love to investigate this further.

Could you contact us so we could discuss some specifics by email? Thanks!
Posted 2 years ago
t3gu3r says:
Actually, finding the tasks isn't as much a problem as the tagging issue itself. I would really like to be able to use the tags as they are meant to.
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.