Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Apply manual sort order from list to Smart List

jabirchall says:
I use my inbox as a repository for all of my tasks, and use tags and locations to filter them. I manually sort my Inbox to prioritise my tasks.

Is there a way I can either:
Filter my Inbox in place so I only show items with a particular location, maintaining the sort order I have created for the whole inbox.
Create a smart list for my Inbox and a specific location, maintaining the sort order I have created for the whole inbox.
Posted at 8:15am on May 28, 2021
(closed account) says:
If I'm understanding you correctly (and I may not be), you have all your tasks in your Inbox, and you give them tags and locations. Is that right?

If so, you can simply use the search bar to do any filtering you want to do on tags and locations. If it's a common filter, save it as a Smart List (giving it a useful name) so you can refer to it whenever you need to. You can create as many Smart Lists as you like and Smart Lists can be sorted just like any other list.

I hope this helps.
Posted 2 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jabirchall,
Yes, agreed with geojono, with the addition that you should be able to use the left navigation bar sections to filter your tasks: each tag and location will show just tasks with that property.

Sort-wise your default sort in the Settings will apply to new Smart Lists, but you can also set those individually per view.

Hope this helps!
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.