Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

due day of month plus/minus N days

reidpr says:
Hi,

I have a meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of the month, and tasks that need to be done to prepare for (say 10 days ahead) as well as recover from the meeting (say the next day). For example, the next meeting is March 10, so I have tasks due on February 28 and March 11.

I can't e.g. set a repeating task for the 2nd Thursday because that's not always the day after the 2nd Wednesday.

I tried stuff like "every month on the 2nd Wednesday after 1 days" and "every month 1 day after the 2nd Wednesday" but couldn't hit on anything that was accepted.

How do I express this repeating task?

Thanks,
Reid
Posted at 4:02pm on March 1, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Reid,
The best way to accomplish this would be to use subtasks in your repeating task. If you have the task due on March 10 and the subtask due on February 28 and March 11, then when your next task generates for April, the subtasks will be offset in the same way.

Just keep in mind that you'll want to make sure that you are making changes to the latest task because that's how they will carry forward. (Changes will carry forward when the task generates.)

Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.