Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Keeps saying I already have that list

caroline.dunne says:
I'm trying to create a new list called Garden except RTM is telling me I already have that list.

I have checked my lists and smart lists including looking at 'Show All' rather than 'Show all incomplete' but to no avail.

Can anyone explain what is going on here?

Thanks
Posted at 3:12pm on February 28, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi caroline.dunne,
Is it possible you have an archived list with this name? It wouldn't be possible to create another, and that may be where it is hiding.

If not, you may also want to look in your Favorites to see if you have a list that was pushed up there.

Last, keep in mind that lists and Smart Lists share a namespace so it's only possible to have one or the other with a name, in case you have a Smart List with the name "Garden" already.

Hope this helps!
Posted 3 years ago
caroline.dunne says:
Thank you, I've managed to find it.

It was a Smart List saved as a Favourite but hidden as it had no items in it. I had already deleted the list Garden* which it was based on.

Very odd!
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi caroline.dunne,
Ah yes, hidden because it was empty, that makes sense! You may want to review that setting as well if you want "empty" Smart Lists to appear in the left navigation bar.
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.