Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How Undelete from Trash

sfcurley says:
This is a repost of another user's question from 2017 that was never answered, but I have run into the same problem. Any help appreciated.

When you delete a task there is a pop up that allows you to undelete it.
Also you can use the "More" drop down to "Undo Last Action" which will undelete a task.

However I need to recover a task that was deleted several actions ago.

Is there any way to do this?
Posted at 4:43pm on February 20, 2021
sfcurley says:
So, two additional comments and a question:

1. I tried dragging the item out of Trash back to its original list. That didn't work because even though it was in trash, it was still on that list. Dragging it out of trash to another list DID work, but that's clunky at best. So, is there any other way to get this done, an undelete function?

2. The item that ended up in the trash mistakenly ended up there by me accidentally hitting the delete key while I had the task open in the right-side edit pane. While I understand the delete key is the intuitive answer to deleting a task, it also strikes me as dangerous without a confirmation dialogue.
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sfcurley,
You can drag and drop as you mentioned, or you can select the task and use the Move To button at the top.

Sorry the drag and drop isn't working for the same list. (The Move To isn't either.) I've added that to our list to investigate.

And thanks for your feedback about deleting a task. Currently there is no confirmation since a task can be recovered from the Trash or the deletion undone. I've passed your feedback on to the development team for review though.

Let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime!
Posted 3 years ago
sfcurley says:
Thanks, Andrewski.
Posted 3 years ago
slucheri says:
I have the same problem, but in my case it is urgent: 2 tasks were deleted on Jan 29 by mistake and they will be permanently deleted after 30 days, that is tomorrow. They contain important information that will be lost. PLEASE ADVISE URGENTLY ON HOW TO PREVENT DISASTER. THANKS !!
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi slucheri,
If you're experiencing the same problem, that you can't move to the list the tasks came from, you can move them to a different list to undelete them.

Then you can move them from that list to the original list to get them back in place.

If you weren't able to do this by the time they were permanently deleted, please contact us so we can help more specifically.

Sorry for the inconvenience there!
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.