Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Badge not showing real due number

davepearson says:
I have an ongoing problem where the badge on the iOS app doesn't show the real number of items due today (it's set to show that). More often than not, it shows "4". Right at this moment I've got 12 items due today and the badge says "4".

Is there a particular reason it would show that value, and is there anything I could or should do to make it properly reflect the number of due items?
Posted at 9:58am on February 14, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi davepearson,
Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear about this!

If the badge is stuck usually opening the app will correct it. (Then a notification or a change may bring it back to "4", in other words.) Both the app itself and a notification can update the badge number.

If it's not working even when opening the app, that may be an iOS issue, and restarting or reinstalling the app may help.

If opening the app does reset it though, or if those steps above don't help, then please contact us and we can help with some more specifics. (I'm thinking along the lines of clearing your device IDs from your account to reset the connection on the Apple Push Notification Service side of things.)

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 3 years ago
davepearson says:
Thanks for the reply. My experience is that opening the app will sometimes cause it to update to the true value, but on occasion it won't -- unloading (as in opening swipe up from the bottom to see all running apps, and then swiping RtM up to unload it) and then opening again seems to always force an update.

Am I to read this that seeing a "4" when it's not really 4 is an unfortunate iOSism?
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi davepearson,
No, this shouldn't stay stuck, so it's definitely something we can help with!

If it's resetting with opening the app (even inconsistently, I would say) it may be a stuck push notification issue and contacting us would be the best way to get things reset. I can walk you through the process! 💙
Posted 3 years ago
davepearson says:
Okay, cool, will do. Thanks.
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.