Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

[BUG] Windows 10 - RTM opens "out of the screen"

raymoncy says:
Hi,

I have again the bug I have described in this post: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/23132/

But the tips using Windows-Key + left arrow does not work anymore.

Could you please let me know how to reinitiate the starting position of the App (when launching it)?
Uninstalling and reinstalling the App does not fix the bug. I suppose that the launching position is saved somewhere (registry?).

Could you please let me know where the launching position is saved or how to reset it to get back the App on my screen?

Thank you in advance
Best regards,
Cyrille
Posted at 7:55pm on January 18, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Cyrille,
Sorry to hear this is happening for you again!

I've added this to our list to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience again.

In the meantime, it may help to right-click on the Windows Taskbar icon (that shows the app running) and select Move to get the app window to bounce back on screen. (It should appear under your mouse.) Hope this helps a bit for now!
Posted 3 years ago
raymoncy says:
Thanks for your answer. There is no "Move" item on the right-click menu :-(

Just to help your investigation, I regularly connect second screens (two different ones) on my laptop.

I hope to get my App back very quickly :-(
Posted 3 years ago
coasterguy53433 says:
I’ve experienced this sometimes myself. Usually I can restore the launch position by putting the window exactly where I want it, then immediately doing a full app close. Alt + F4 will do that. When you launch it again, it should be in the right place.

If that doesn’t work, try this. Put the window exactly in the position that you want, right-mouse click on the RTM icon in the system tray, then click Quit.
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.