Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Shared Chores - Search Completed By

bwicks34 says:
I want to create a list of chores to be shared among family members. I would like to have a smart list that shows how many chores each person has completed in the last week. But I can't seem to find a way to search who completed a task. Can it be done?
Posted at 5:27am on January 5, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi bwicks34,
You're right: it's not possible to search who completed a shared task.

You can give tasks (even within a shared list) to indicate that they're assigned. So you could do this for the family members, or your family members could do this for each other—or themselves!

You could then create separate Smart Lists for each family member, e.g. list:Chores AND givenTo:familymember@family.org AND status:completed

I suggest separate Smart Lists because you could pull up a Smart List for the whole family but it's not possible to sort completed tasks, so it may not be the easiest to scan. But if you wanted to do that you could use the following search (which would include any ungiven tasks as well):

list:Chores AND status:completed

Hope this helps for you but keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 3 years ago
bwicks34 says:
Thanks for the response andrewski .

Unfortunately giving the tasks to specific individuals will not work well for my use case. I want a queue of available work with a repeating schedule that is "first come/first serve" and then I want to track that each person is doing their fair share. Guess I will look for a different tool to use, but I was looking forward to introducing my kids to RTM =)
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.