Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

"#" character in Gmail subject line creates new tag when create task using Gmail add-on

martingchapman says:
The RTM "Smart Add" feature allows you to add or create a tag for a task by using the "#" character in front of the required tag name when you forward an email to RTM - this is fine.
However the same thing happens when you convert a Gmail into a task when using the Gmail add-on - this is not necessary as with the add-on you can directly select the required tag(s) from the side bar drop down.
I only noticed this because I received an email regards a delivery from Amazon and the email subject line included the order number precluded by the "#" character (American shorthand for "number").
When I used the Gmail add-on to turn the email into a task it all worked fine except it created a new tag from all the text following the "#" and removed this text from the subject of the task - obviously not fine.
I suspect the same thing would happen if the subject line of the email contained any of the other Smart Add characters (! * =) but have not tested it.
Can RTM confirm this is what is happening and that it will be looked into please.
Posted at 9:27am on January 4, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi martingchapman,
Thanks for getting in touch and reporting this. I've added this to our list to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience there!

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else in the meantime.
Posted 3 years ago
martingchapman says:
Hi andrewski,
Thanks for the reply. apology accepted.
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.