Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Undeletable notification

cmkoob says:
i have deleted a task and the reminder keeps being sent to my phone and email numerous times it is like it is stuck in a loop I have even uninstalled the app and it keeps sending the notification texts! How do I get this to stop.
Posted at 4:17pm on December 27, 2020
merritt.crowe says:
I have noticed the same problem this morning. I kept getting a reminder on the same task, about every minute or two. I deleted the task and removed it from the trash and it kept sending me notifications over and over until I turned off all notifications. There have been numerous problems with reminders over the past few weeks. I wish they'd get this fixed. Reminders is one of the reasons I signed up for pro membership.
Posted 3 years ago
davepearson says:
For what it's worth, I'm suffering the same issue too. A reminder for 3pm local time today came around, which I've not ticked off yet, and I've been getting a push notification and an email for it about once every 4 minutes and it's not letting up.

On iOS the app badge is showing that there's 4 tasks left today when there's really only 2.

I can't see any simple way of fixing this, and it pretty much renders the app useless when the only possible fix is to remove it everywhere to stop the intrusion.
Posted 3 years ago
martingchapman says:
I had constant email reminders (every one or two minutes) for a task that fell due recently. I went into the RTM settings in the web interface and deleted all the notification settings.
The constant emails stopped.
I added back exactly the same notification settings as I previously deleted and everything is working normally again.
Looks like an intermittent problem with the RTM notification system as it has been ok since,
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the delay over the holidays and sorry for this issue!

If you're still experiencing this let me know and check into this this week. Our apologies!
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.