Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Want to set Notification sound to the Cow on Pocophone

jamesr404 says:
On my current android phone I can't seem to choose the cow or Bell notification sound for rtm notifications.

I can choose between all the system notification sounds, so I think if I can download the cow bell from somewhere I can set it as the Notification sound again.

Can I get the notification sound from somewhere? Or am I overlooking a simpler way of setting the trusty old cow bell notification sound again?
Posted at 5:11pm on December 12, 2020
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jamesr404,
Sorry to hear that's not working! Depending on your Android version you should be able to go to either:

Settings > Reminders > Reminder Sound (Android 9 etc.)
or
Settings > Reminders > Open Notification Settings > Advanced section > Sound (Android 10 or 11)

If it doesn't work to go through the app's Settings on Android 10+ you can go to Android Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications > Remember The Milk > then tap Reminders or Daily Digest to adjust each notification's sound.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted on what you find.
Posted 3 years ago
jamesr404 says:
Hi Andrewski! So if I got to

Settings > Reminders > Open Notification Settings

I get to choose a reminder sound from this list:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ju5210164tef85f/1608404841322.png?dl=0

But those are all the sounds available on the system, and I don't know the name of the cow bell or cow moo sound - if it's even there.

So, as a workaround, could you give me the two sound files?
Posted 3 years ago
jamesr404 says:
Just FYI. My phone is a Pocophone with MIUI version Global 12.0.2 Stable. Android version 10 QKQ1.190828.002, security patch level 2020-09-01.
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jamesr404,
Sorry about that! (And sorry for the delay in responding over the holidays.)

The app should register its own custom sounds ("RTM - Cow Bell" and "RTM - Moo") with your Android system but it sounds like that's not happening for you.

Is it possible to remove and to reinstall the app, then restart your phone? I'm curious if that registers those sounds.

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.