Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

AddOn Not Installing

(closed account) says:
I have installed RTM Gmail addon for 2 of my gmail accounts but for some reason it will not install on my thid gmail account.

This gmail account is part of a gsuite account and is not the main administrator account, but I checked the gsuite settings and it is set to 'anyone can install apps from marketplace' so I do not understand why permissions is an issue (although it could be)

what happens is I go to marketplace in gmail and click the install button. Then I get a window popup saying "Remember The Milk for Gmail needs your permission in order to start installing." I click CONTINUE then a larger window (white) pops up momentarily before disappearing, then I am sent back to the marketplace page where the INSTALL button is still highlighted and the app has in fact not been installed.

How to fix please?
Posted at 2:58am on October 15, 2020
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi martinthrelfall,
Sorry to hear about installing the add-on in that account.

It is possible for permissions to cause problems here, so it may help to try these steps from Google to whitelist specific Gmail add-ons.

Hope this helps but keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 3 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi

I tried to uninstall then reinstall - no luck.

My permissions are set to "Allow users to install any application from G Suite Marketplace" so permissions shouldn't really be an issue.

Is this a bug?
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi martinthrelfall,
So sorry for the delay in responding!

If the uninstall button was available then the add-on should have been installed. Was it unavailable in Gmail after installing it?

Also, it may be helpful to try installing the add-on from a different browser in case that shows any differences.

If this continues though, it may help to compare what you're seeing while installing and while trying to use the add-on, so feel free to send any screenshots to us by email. You can contact us on our website and send screenshots in a reply.

Thanks!
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.