Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Help with creating re-usable checklists

tenaran says:
I've been looking through the forum and can see references to many people over the years using the email import function to create templates.

For various reasons, like my email providers wrapping text etc... I've never been able to get these to work.

I reeeeeally would love to have a template that I can give a date to, and a bunch of actions get created that just sit in my normal system, not as a separate list. For example, I'm going away on a specific date, therefore 1 week before I need to do x, y and z.

Please has anybody worked out any slick way of doing this, as all the ideas go back years?

Many thanks in advance!!!!
Posted at 11:52am on October 5, 2020
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi tenaran,
Aside from using email to add a task or set of tasks, you can either duplicate a task/tasks or use repeating tasks to generate a new set of tasks.

Combined with subtasks you can keep a long list of tasks with their respective due dates etc.

Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 3 years ago
tenaran says:
Thanks for replying but it's not really a help I don't think... When I duplicate a task, is there a way of setting due dates respective to a given date? If so I'm missing something 😂
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Repeating tasks would be the best way to do that: the tasks/subtasks would all generate correspondingly. Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 3 years ago
jennifer.goslee says:
What I'd do is make a spreadsheet where you type in all of the information for each task and then change the dates there, and use gsheets to email yourself the importdata strings. I'll paste in a bit of the one I'm using although the sheet isn't ready to be shared prime time as it were.

function addSheet() {
var RTMEmail = "zzz+import@rmilk.com";
var sh = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet();
var ss = sh.getSheetByName("Tasks");
var data = ss.getDataRange().getValues();
var header = data[0];
var content = "";
var list = data[0][9];
for (var i=1; i-1) task = "🔴"+task+"🔴 !1"
for (var j=1; j<9; j++){
if (data[i][j]=="") continue;
task+=" "+header[j]+data[i][j];

}
content += task +" #"+list +"s\n";

}

console.log(content);
MailApp.sendEmail(RTMEmail, list, content);
ss.getRange("A2:A30").clearContent();
ss.getRange("C2:I30").clearContent();
}
Posted 3 years ago
jennifer.goslee says:
ok DO NOT USE THAT... something about pasting it into this forum has changed the stuff in it (autoformatting?)
Posted 3 years ago
jennifer.goslee says:
https://pastebin.com/MYGn43Gj
Posted 3 years ago
tenaran says:
Thank you Jennifer, that's along the lines of what I was wondering about. Really can't quite believe that is still not natively possible in RTM after all these years 😂😭😭
Posted 3 years ago
tenaran says:
Oh no!! I've tried that approach, and it seems the 72 character wrapping issue is kicking in! :(
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.