Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Microphone button in widget disabled in Android 11

karanvirsingh987654 says:
Since upgrading my Pixel 2 XL phone to Android 11, I have noticed that the microphone icon in the smart bar widget of RTM is disabled. I have checked to see if any additional permissions were being asked for by the app but not granted - there were none. Reinstalling the app did not help. Has anyone else faced this with Android 11?
Posted at 1:16pm on October 2, 2020
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi karanvirsingh987654,
We are looking into this and apologize for the behavior right now.

In the meantime, it should be possible to use the Add Task screen to dictate a task via the keyboard. We understand that's not as convenient, but it should still be an option if that helps at all.
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi karanvirsingh987654,
We are looking into this and apologize for the behavior right now.

In the meantime, it should be possible to use the Add Task screen to dictate a task via the keyboard. We understand that's not as convenient, but it should still be an option if that helps at all.
Posted 3 years ago
matt9311 says:
Any update on this? Just upgraded and have no joy. Frustrating.
Posted 3 years ago
tijner says:
same problem here. Is there a solution?
Posted 3 years ago
caltechgirl says:
Same problem and I've been waiting for it to be repaired since last fall. Any updates?
Posted 3 years ago
jpheath says:
Same issue in Remember The Milk (Beta) after upgrading to new phone (OnePlus 9 Pro, Android 11)
Posted 2 years ago
caltechgirl says:
RTM, is this being repaired??
Posted 2 years ago
jpheath says:
Hopefully this is still on the radar, RTM? You don't realise how much you like a feature 'til it disappears...
Posted 2 years ago
drfrankbuck says:
Just bought a new phone yesterday and am seeing the same behavior. I see this has been reported starting in October, 2020. Can you give us an update on where things stand?
Posted 2 years ago
drfrankbuck says:
For others who may be coming here, one workaround is through IFTTT. Let Google Assistant with a text element be "IF THIS." Let Remember The MIlk be the "THEN THAT."

Pick a trigger word, perhaps "MIlk. Whatever you say after the trigger word will the task. ("OK Google. Call Sam tomorrow."
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.