Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Separate work and home

sjmb4865 says:
I'm wondering what is the best way to separate work and home tasks? I tried a smart list that includes only folders I use for work but it's empty - assume I did that wrong. I've considered tags but I keep forgetting to tag every task in a folder. I'd consider two accounts but that sounds complicated and I don't want to keep switching browsers. Ideas? Thanks!
Posted at 5:11pm on September 9, 2020
dave.liao says:
@sjmb4865 - What kind of separation are you thinking?

I prefix my home lists with "Personal -", and use a Smart List that's set to "Lists" + "name contains" + the word "Personal".
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sjmb4865,
Two thoughts that may help in addition to dave.liao's tip:

First, for list searches you may want to make sure you're using OR. To use a work example like you mentioned:

list: Projects OR list:Calls OR list:"Desk Work"

If you prefer tags (for example, because tasks can have multiple tags instead of being in only one list), you can try to keep an eye on untagged tasks to make sure they get placed where they need to go. You can use isTagged:false or something more specific like this tip to create a Smart List that you make sure to "empty" by tagging etc.

Hope this helps all around!
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.