Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Problem with Twitter

ndbutter says:
The Twitter feature is a great idea, but I can't get it to work. The problem seems to be getting RTM to verify my Twitter username. I have added RTM as a friend in Twitter, and then send it the direct message with the verification code provided by RTM, but then I never get a confirmation or anything saying it was accepted.

When I try to add tasks via Twitter, it doesn't work, which seems to confirm that RTM hasn't yet verified my Twitter account. Anyone else had similar problems or able to offer advice? Thanks!
Posted at 8:03pm on July 10, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
ndbutter, thanks for letting us know. Would it be possible to try sending the verification code again, in case there was a temporary problem delivering the message?

If it's still not working, please contact us and let us know your Twitter username and the verification code. We'd be happy to check this out and see why it's not working. Thanks! :)
Posted 16 years ago
spidey.mori says:
I have the same problem
=(
Posted 16 years ago
omar (Remember The Milk) says:
spidey.mori, we've followed this up via email. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
bsawhill says:
I have the same problem...:-(
Posted 16 years ago
bsawhill, I've just sent you an email.
Posted 16 years ago
gastronaut says:
I've got exactly the same problem :(
Posted 16 years ago
decron says:
I have the same problem. Perhaps Am I doing something wrong ?
Thanks for your help.
Posted 16 years ago
mclazarus says:
Hi emily, I have been trying all day to get this going as well. it seems to be ignoring my tweets.
Posted 16 years ago
mclazarus says:
I sent an email, figuring that was a better way to report this.
Posted 16 years ago
henryhund says:
Yeah, RTM via Twitter hasn't worked for me all day. I just deleted the connection and when I try to start anew and resend the verification code, it also doesn't work. I'm not sure what's up, but it sucks. I hope in the future RTM via Twitter is more reliable, because text messaging RTM is, in my opinion, a killer app for RTM. I'm too cheap to pay for web access on my phone... but I have unlimited texts, so I like to interact with RTM via text message. But in any case... you've got a great product here.
Posted 16 years ago
Thanks to everyone for letting us know -- we're currently checking into this issue, and I'll post as soon as we have an update.
Posted 16 years ago
It turned out today's problem is different to the original issue with verification (if anyone continues to have that issue, please contact us with your Twitter username and the verification code that you're sending to Twitter).

We experienced a temporary delay on our end with processing messages we received from Twitter -- today's messages have now all been processed, so any tasks added via Twitter should now appear in your account, and if you completed the verification process today, it should now be possible to interact with RTM on Twitter.

We apologise for the inconvenience -- we've made some changes on our end to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Posted 16 years ago
mclazarus says:
Thanks emily. you guys rock.
Posted 16 years ago
mclazarus says:
hmm.. Still seems to be delayed or backlogged or something.
Posted 16 years ago
pierre.sullivan says:
I am having the same problems. When I set up twitter for RTM, it sets me up as a friend (after the verification code). When I return to RTM - it no longer has my twitter username listed, it has "username" None of the tasks I have sent in have worked.
Posted 16 years ago
pierre.sullivan says:
Works perfectly now - thank you
Posted 16 years ago
All fixed again, and messages from Twitter should be processed now. Sorry about that! We had a different issue this time, and will be keeping an extra close eye on this :)
Posted 16 years ago
paqman says:
I'm having a similar problem, only I seem to be getting verified ok. I don't receive an SMS back saying I'm verified, but in my Twitter inbox it says I am.

But when i try to send tasks to rtm, it replies back with the following:

"direct from rtm: Wait! You need to get set up at http://rmilk.com/twitter before you can use RTM via Twitter. (Reply? send: d rtm hi.)"

I've cleared it and started over a number of times. Each time I don't get a reply back via SMS, but I get one in my Twitter inbox. Thanks, this is so cool, if I could just get it to work!
Posted 16 years ago
paqman says:
Ok, I'm stupid, I just realized I had to register my phone on twitter. But now I can get one of my rtm lists, but can't add items to them. It seems really off and on.
Posted 16 years ago
paqman says:
Please ignore my stupid posts! Emily answered my question in another thread.
Posted 16 years ago
paqman, no problem -- let us know if you have any probrlems :)
Posted 16 years ago
jonhutch says:
I am still having issues using twitter with rtm. I have removed rtm from follow and re-added and then sent the confirmation code at least a dozen times by now. Any ideas?
Posted 16 years ago
paqman says:
Double check that your cell number is listed and that alerts are turned on in Twitter. You might not be as dense as I was, but that was my problem.
Posted 16 years ago
jonhutch says:
My phone number is set up correctly and notifications are turned on. Any other ideas? (Thanks for that one though, paqman! :) )
Posted 16 years ago
robwaltz says:
Oh, man. I just keep getting "Wait! You need to get set up at http://rmilk.com/twitter before you can use RTM via Twitter." I've gone through the verification process quite a few times now and I'm getting a bit stuck....help
Posted 16 years ago
jonhutch, I've followed up with you via email.

robwaltz, would it be possible to contact us and let us know your Twitter username and the latest verification code you sent? We can check into this on our end. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
go616 says:
The Twitter feature is a great idea, but I can't get it to work. The problem seems to be getting RTM to verify my Twitter username. I have added RTM as a friend in Twitter, and then send it the direct message with the verification code provided by RTM, but then I never get a confirmation or anything saying it was accepted.

When I try to add tasks via Twitter, it doesn't work, which seems to confirm that RTM hasn't yet verified my Twitter account. Anyone else had similar problems or able to offer advice? Thanks!

my twitter go616@163.com code bd65d
Posted 16 years ago
magnoliasouth says:
Twitter is a fantastic idea and I seem to be the only one who managed to set it up in this thread, BUT.. I have another issue I need help with. Anytime I SMS a task via twitter to RTM, I get a verification bounce back message.

Generally speaking that's not a bad idea, but the problem is that I have a limit on the number of messages I can send/receive. Isn't there a way to stop those verification messages? I only need to SMS tasks when I'm out and about. I can check to make sure they made it when I get home.
Posted 16 years ago
wfindlay says:
My direct messages to rtm at twitter were working before, but the last three I just sent haven't made into my rtm inbox. Is the service down?
Posted 16 years ago
edie.andrew says:
I can't get Twitter to work! I've set it up, deleted it, tried again. Nothing seems to work. In Rmilk under the Services tag it says you haven't given third-party services permission to interact with your Remember The Milk account. Any clues as to how to do that?
Posted 16 years ago
sen.ye says:
mine stopped working today, and rtm will not respond my direct message. I tried on gtalk and web both. HELP!
Posted 16 years ago
wfindlay says:
Well, my direct messages finally made it to my RTM inbox at about 5:55 AM this morning (I knew because I heard my cell phone vibrating through my sleep with the response from RTM -- but I shouldn't have been asleep anyway). So that batch took about 13 hours to arrive. But I just sent one now and it arrived immediately.
Posted 16 years ago
Just an update on the verification issues: we're still working on tracking this down for the affected accounts. It appears that we're having trouble receiving messages from certain accounts on Twitter (thus why some people have trouble getting verified).

If your account is affected, thanks for your patience. If you haven't already, please contact us and let us know your Twitter username and the latest verification code that you sent. Thanks.
Posted 16 years ago
I apologise for the delay with processing some of the Twitter messages earlier today -- we experienced a temporary problem on our end that has now been fixed. All messages should have been processed and any tasks added to your account.
Posted 16 years ago
angela.randall says:
I had problems initially setting up twitter (same as above) but I worked it out:

When you originally say you'd like to use twitter, the RTM page gives you a code etc. to plug in to twitter. The problem is.. it hasn't asked you what your twitter username is yet.

If you click "Delete and start over" it asks you for a twitter username and gives you another code. If you follow the instructions normally with that code it all works perfectly.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am having the same problem reported above by pierre: "I am having the same problems. When I set up twitter for RTM, it sets me up as a friend (after the verification code). When I return to RTM - it no longer has my twitter username listed, it has "username" None of the tasks I have sent in have worked."

My RTM userid is radgeek. The twitter username I gave to RTM is radgeek. I duly told my twitter account to follow RTM, and then direct-messaged the verification code I was assigned. I notice that if I look under "Services" it claims that I have not authorized any third-party services to interact with my RTM account. Like pierre, I get "username" (incorrectly) listed as the twitter username that the code is for if I look under the twitter service again.
Posted 16 years ago
angela.randall says:
See above: in RTM services, looking at Twitter, click "Delete and start over". Then re-add. It'll ask you for a username and work fine after that.
Posted 16 years ago
radgeek, it looks like your account is setup in the system with the correct usernames, but it's not verified. We haven't received any messages from your Twitter account -- would it be possible to check if they show in your sent items on the Twitter website? (We've had some reports of problems with direct messages reaching us.)
Posted 16 years ago
Also, I'm not sure what's happening with the "username" problem (that shouldn't display), but we'll check into this. Thanks for letting us know!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.