Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Emailing tasks from Outlook Exchange - "Certificate Rejected over TLS"

kwculp says:
Hello,

Just starting with RTM and am impressed so far. I am attempting to find an alternative to Toodledo and believe RTM might meet my needs.

I attempted to email a task to my RTM inbox and received the following Delivery Notification error:

"The following addresses had delivery problems... (Certificate rejected over TOS. (non-SSL error))"

I suspect our organizational Exchange server doesn't like the format of the email address.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Posted at 2:14pm on February 18, 2020
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi kwculp,
That may be: some email servers don't like the plus sign in the addresses. Are you able to try a different address to email your tasks from?

If this continues, it'd be great if you could send us a copy or screenshot of the error by email. Thanks!
Posted 4 years ago
kwculp says:
Unfortunately, I am not able to originate an email from a different address on that server.

I did, however, come up with a workaround: I set up a forwarding email on a domain that I own. That email address is a "normal" one without the + tag. I simply have that forward to my RTM task email address. It appears to work!

Thank you.
Posted 4 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi kwculp,
Thanks for confirming that. I was thinking of a different server, so it's good to hear that worked.

And yes, that's what we suggest in those cases where the plus sign isn't available for use from a particular email server. 😕 I'm glad to hear that will work for you!
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.