Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sorting completed tasks

polgs says:
I am trying to use RTM to manage my shopping list. I created a 'list' called 'Shopping' and then created a long list of tasks that I might need to buy in the future. The tasks have their category as the first word so I can quickly find what I'm looking for. I mark them all 'completed' and when I notice that I have run out of something, I mark it 'incomplete' and go do the shopping.
Problem: The tasks that are incomplete can be sorted by name but when they are marked as 'complete' there is only one sort option: by date closed. This makes it hard to find an item from the long list that's there. Is there a way to sort closed tasks by name or is there a better way for me to do this?
- I'm running on a Mac and syncing to an iPhone.
Posted at 12:17am on February 16, 2020
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi polgs,
It's not possible to sort your completed tasks in a different way.

It may be easier to add your grocery items each time you need them, or to add a list via email, similar to this tip.

Hope this helps!
Posted 4 years ago
polgs says:
Thx Andrewski. I was hoping for a process that showed me a list of things that I might need and let me choose from it. Adding items as I need them is no better than writing them on a paper note pad and the e-mail method is so complex that I wouldn’t use it. I’ll just have find another app for my shopping list.
Feature request: Unless you could add ‘sort by name’ to complete items. If you can sort incomplete items wouldn’t it be just as easy to sort the complete ones?
Posted 4 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi polgs,
Yes, thanks for that feedback. While this isn't available currently, you can vote for this in our Ideas forum.

Thanks again!
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.