Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Adding a location by coordinates, not address

cjug says:
I'm trying to add a location which doesn't have an address. I can enter the GPS coordinates, but (at least in the web interface) it still insists on me selecting a nearby address - but that's too far away (I want to add a building at the back of a commercial site - the addresses suggested are on the road near the site, not where I need). Is there a way to select by GPS coordinates directly, either via web or Android app?
Posted at 12:08pm on January 6, 2020
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi cjug,
Adding a location by coordinates is not available, sorry. Sorry also to hear that the address workarounds don't work for you.

I've passed this along to the development team for feedback.

In the meantime, if you're able to get a closer address from Google Maps, that may work better from the app.

Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 4 years ago
cjug says:
Ok, thanks. This is surprising for me since you obviously need coordinates internally!

How might I get a closer address from Google Maps? I can paste some coordinates into RTM which then gives a list of addresses to pick from - is that what you mean? Also, are those addresses in nearest-first order from the coordinates?
Posted 4 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi cjug,
What I'm thinking of is that feature in Google Maps that lets you click on a spot to find its coordinates. Sometimes it shows an address at the bottom that can be used, but that may not work for you and your locations.

Thanks again for the feedback all around!
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.