Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Feature request: Saved log

martin.bodlak says:
I would like to suggest a new feature: permanent log

1. Today, when I finish a task, I tick it and it disappears.

2. Imagine a new task attribute ("Log") which would (a) record any completion date and (b) move completed tasks or task instances to some kind of read only Log instead of the trash can.

3. It could be used for important tasks like life goals etc. to have a list of achievements - at the end of year, one could summarize important things which happened during the year or project duration or define any kind of smart filter on top of this Log.

It would help to use RTM not only for operational level of tasks (buy milk) but also strategic level (learn English and pass CAE exam).
Posted at 9:23pm on January 5, 2020
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi martin.bodlak,
Currently completed tasks are moved to the "Completed" view, which functions this way: tasks are not deleted and the completed date/time is saved.

You can view completed tasks in any view, so viewing them per project/goal would be an option, as well as viewing them for All Tasks.

Hope this helps!
Posted 4 years ago
martin.bodlak says:
Well... Completed is anything, even small daily repeated tasks but my idea was to keep separate log of "notable achievements" in a different place (to keep them safe from occasional cleaning).

Also, those completed tasks can still be updated, un-completed etc. And if I create a smart filter (completed date after 31.12.1999, completed date before 1.1.2021 and tag "Log"), all those items are shown with strikethrough text.

Worse yet, they can be still deleted, so they do not allow that "permanent" memory.
Posted 4 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
I see what you mean; thanks for clarifying! I've passed your feedback on to the development team.
Posted 4 years ago
martin.bodlak says:
Thank you & looking forward to any possible product improvement!
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.