Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Apple Watch Complication Never updates automatically

achimfischer says:
Hey! I recently turned back to RTM for my task management. I was thrilled by the new apps and the watch integration, which didn’t exist when I last used the service. I am now using RTM on an iPhone 8 with an Apple Watch S4. Everything is up to date and I am using the RTM complication on my active watch face. Background refresh is active.

Here’s my problem: The complication only updates when I actively open the RTM app on the watch. It never updates the task count on its own. Neither when I add nor when Icomplete a task on my iPhone. Even when I wait an entire day.

What am I missing?

Thx for your help.

Posted at 3:06pm on January 1, 2020
(closed account) says:
Hello achimfischer,
I have been waiting on a fix for roughly 9 months now.

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/22780/

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/23326/

Posted 4 years ago
achimfischer says:
Hello Pszaro,
Thanks for your response. I am not sure if we have exactly the same problem. The sync works in my case, but only when I open the RTM app on the Apple Watch. Then also the complication is refreshed. It simply never does so automatically as it should, from what I would expect.

Hope someone from the RTM team gives his opinion.
Posted 4 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi achimfischer,
Sorry to hear about this! We're looking into problems with specific accounts with the Apple Watch app, so it's good to know you're affected.

Opening the app periodically throughout the day may help make sure the app is prioritized for background syncing.

For what it's worth the app currently needs a full sync to update the complication, but we're going to look into whether it's possible to separate those. (The app may be out of date but the complication could show the correct number.)

Thanks for your report!
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.