Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

“Repeat after” recurring tasks lose subtasks

(closed account) says:
I reported this problem most recently on Oct. 14. I have never received a response.

1. What steps will reproduce the problem?

Create a task with repeat after Sunday recurring scheme.
Add subtasks.
Complete task.

2. What is the expected result? What do you see instead?

I expect the task to appear due on the next Sunday with subtasks.
I see the task appear due on the next Sunday without subtasks.

3. Anything else you think we should know?

I believe I reported this bug once before, a long time ago.

-----
Username: michaelpmanti
Remember The Milk Version: 5.0.5
iOS Version: 13.0
Device Model: iPhone8,2
Sync ID: 804DDE72-1695-4A52-8027-2A067402C85A
Language: en_US
Type: bug
Pro: true
Posted at 11:55am on October 24, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi michaelpmanti,
Sorry to hear that's continued! I had written you back on October 14 as well, and I'll paste my email below. Sorry if you didn't receive my message!

--
Thanks for getting in touch and reporting this issue.

Thanks for the details about a previous conversation as well. I was able to find this from January 2018.

This shouldn't happen as you have experienced, so I'm curious if we can get some more details about what you're seeing. I'm mostly curious if it's occurring in other apps or with other tasks.

If you duplicate the completed task in the web/desktop app and complete it there, does it generate correctly? Maybe this is something that's only happening in the iOS app?

And then if you undo that or duplicate it once more, does it happen again in the iOS app? Maybe this is something only happening to a specific task.

Also, would it be possible to send a screenshot of this task's details + subtasks? You can find instructions here:

https://support.apple.com/HT200289

Then, if you could attach the screenshot in a reply [by email], that'd be very helpful so I can let our development team know those details and investigate this further. Thanks! 😊
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
Sorry. I missed your email because an errant mail rule filed it away in a subfolder. I found it now. I will do some testing and get back to you.
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.