Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

App Shortcut for New Task

chisha says:
Hi RTM team

Firstly thanks for a great app. Any chance of implementing lensaffair's request below? I found that it was a really useful feature when I used to use a different task management app, as it enabled me to use a single shortcut to drive multiple actions via gestures eg swipe to add tasks, tap to open the app and show tasks etc. Helps keep the homescreen uncluttered :)

Thanks!

lensaffair says:
Hi,
Since Android 7.1 it is possible to "define shortcuts to specific actions in your app. These shortcuts can be displayed in a supported launcher. Shortcuts let your users quickly start common or recommended tasks within your app."
(https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/shortcuts.html)
I would love to have an app shortcut to add a new task. Could that one find its way into an upcoming release of your Android app?
Best,
lensaffair
Posted at 10:36am on April 1, 2018
Posted at 8:15am on September 21, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi chisha,
Thanks for getting in touch. We appreciate your feedback! You can vote for this in our Ideas Forum. We listen to all feedback but votes are especially helpful for knowing what everyone would find helpful.

Thanks again!
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.