Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Postponing

kevang says:
I have a number of tasks that are normally done on the 2nd of the month and they are set up as monthly recurring tasks.

I'd like to do something that is like the reverse of postponing whereby the date is brought forward by a few days but when the recurrance happens it reverts to the original date of 2nd of the month. I'm currently working around this issue by creating a new task with a due date of the 31st and with no recurrance and marking the original task 'completed', but I'm sure there is a better way.

KG
Posted at 6:11pm on August 16, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi kevang,
I'm not sure if I understand completely, but if you are trying to make sure your task is always due on the 2nd no matter which date you complete it you may want to make your repeat "after month on the 2nd day".

Hope this helps but let me know if I've misunderstood!
Posted 4 years ago
kevang says:
No not quite.

I have a number of recurring tasks that normally need to be done on the 2nd. This month I'm going on holiday and will be away on 2nd September. Therefore they need to be done by 31st August.

What I want to do is change the date they are due this month, whilst ensuring that future recurrances are on the 2nd.
Posted 4 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi kevang,
Thanks for clarifying! I see what you mean.

In this case, you could edit the due date of this task so it would be due early, and it would still repeat on schedule. (Depending on whether your repeat is every or after you may have to complete an extra one that is recreated on 2nd September, or postpone it by a month.)

Another option, particularly if the repeat is "every", would be to complete the task early but leave its due date alone, and then the following months would be created as expected.

Hope this helps!
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.