Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM for iPhone has stopped syncing

coasterguy53433 says:
My iPhone app has stopped syncing properly with the server.

When I go to Settings > About, it says the last sync was Aug 2. (Today is Aug 4).

I verified that sync is set to "Auto" and that I have a good network connection. Tried Wi-Fi and cellular network, no dice.

Tried reinstalling the app. The problem persists.

I try manually syncing (by dragging the list down). The sync wheel shows for 6 seconds, then disappears as if the sync has completed. But it's still not syncing.

Help!
Posted at 4:09pm on August 4, 2019
wellsorganization says:
Me too!
Posted 4 years ago
boybees says:
I'm having the exact same problem. It's been going on for two days now.
Posted 4 years ago
wilhelmsson.per says:
Same here!
Posted 4 years ago
wilhelmsson.per says:
Same here!
Posted 4 years ago
rkhwaja says:
Yep - me too. I'm using the iOS app v4.3.30. I get a message "temporarily unavailable" when I try to manually sync it. Changing the sync period doesn't change anything.
Also, going to the Account link in the settings brings up the same dialog.
Posted 4 years ago
drfrankbuck says:
Android app is having a problem too. My last sync was 8/4 at 7:26AM. 12 hours ago.
Posted 4 years ago
nmdnyc says:
Similar problem. My iphone updates are not showing up on my laptop. Please help. I'm afraid I'm losing updates. I've made.
Posted 4 years ago
drfrankbuck says:
I am getting this message on the Android app: "There was a problem establishing a connection to the Internet. Please check your network settings and try again." nmdnyc, hopefully it's something like a server needing to be rebooted. When the syncing resumes, you'll be OK. The think I worry about is any task that has been changed in both places.
Posted 4 years ago
rkhwaja says:
Fixed on iOS now. It was out for 1-2 days altogether.
Posted 4 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mwyadartm and others,
Sorry to hear about this! There was a server issue with the mobile apps syncing for 24–36 hours this weekend, and this is now resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience for all of you who were affected! If you have any further problems please contact us and we will help further.
Posted 4 years ago
coasterguy53433 says:
Andrew,

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

As you know, a lot of us love your app. We depend on your service to varying degrees. This outage caused disruption for me (and others, as you can see.)

I spent considerable time troubleshooting, reinstalling, figuring out a workaround and re-entering tasks — all because your system status page indicated that everything was fine.

If the status page had been accurate, I could’ve saved a lot of time and confusion — and I would’ve known exactly what workaround to use until service was restored.

As a longtime paying customer, I urge the Remember the Milk team to do the right thing and update the status system status whenever there’s an outage. Better yet, build automation so that we get up-to-the-minute status anytime.

Much RTM love.
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.