Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Windows 10 - RTM open "out of the screen"

raymoncy says:
Hi!
I have just switched to W10 ans use RTM windows app. I have a bug when opening RTM. It opens "out of the screen". No possibility then to drag the windows or even to maximise it.
I always have to start another app, click on windows-key + left/right arrow and then select RTM to get access to RTM window.
Thank for your support
Best regards
Posted at 12:08pm on June 19, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi raymoncy,
Sorry to hear that! I've added this to our list to investigate.

In the meantime, are you able to let us know if you have multiple displays and the resolution and/or app size of the Remember The Milk app window?

We're tracking this general behavior and are curious if those details fit in with what we're looking at.

If you prefer to contact us privately by email, we're available that way too. (You could send a screenshot as an answer to those questions, for example.)

Thanks either way! 💙
Posted 4 years ago
raymoncy says:
Hi!
Thank you for your answer. I use multiple displays (2nd screen) but the bug occurs also with only 1 (main) screen.

Resolution of my main screen is 1920x1080 + 150% as text/app size modification.
Hope this will help you
Posted 4 years ago
That does help, thanks! We'll continue investigating this on our end.

In the meantime are you able to try bringing the app to your screen, making it very small (single-pane and short), and restarting it? Does that behave any differently?

Keep me posted on what you find there!
Posted 4 years ago
raymoncy says:
>In the meantime are you able to try bringing the app to your screen, making it very small (single-pane and short), and restarting it? Does that behave any differently?

No, once close, if I open again the app, it goes back out of the screen.
Posted 4 years ago
raymoncy says:
Additional info to help you: if I close the App, disconnect or connect a 2nd screen and open again the App, everything is fine. The bug seems to come back after restarting Windows.
Hope this will help you :)
Posted 4 years ago
Thanks again, raymoncy! We will note all of this on our end as we look into this.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 4 years ago
raymoncy says:
Hi Andew. Any news on how to solve this issue?
Posted 4 years ago
Hi raymoncy,
We don't have any changes or details here but we're paying attention to any changes in Electron (our upstream app framework) and/or anything we can do on our end to work around this issue.

Let us know if you notice any changes in the meantime!
Posted 4 years ago
raymoncy says:
Hi Andrew. Do not know why but now the windows appears correctly each time I open the App.
Posted 4 years ago
Hi raymoncy,
Thanks for letting us know! We're continuing to look into changes we can make overall, but it's good to know that the curse is broken for now!
Posted 4 years ago
raymoncy says:
Hi Andrew. The bug is back :-(
Can you help please?
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.