Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ghost Notifications

edwin.mercado says:
I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S10 with Android 9, and I am using version 4.4.13 of the RTM app.

I have an issue where multiple times a day I will get an RTM notification with not text, just the cow icon. The notification disappears a few seconds later. This seems to be random, sometimes happening when I should be getting reminders and other times when I do not have anything scheduled. Is anyone else getting this?
Posted at 5:03pm on April 29, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi edwin.mercado,
As of 4.4.13 there is a notification for background syncing, which will come up when a sync occurs. With push syncing enabled, this can happen pretty regularly when you make a change in the Android app or other apps.

It shouldn't last long or be bothersome but if it's making a sound etc. some devices require a manual check: you can look in your device's Settings under Notifications to find Remember The Milk and to disable the sound specifically for sync activity.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 4 years ago
edwin.mercado says:
Awesome, thanks for the quick response!
Posted 4 years ago
cvirus says:
Same problem here.. It is still very annoying even without a notification sound though.
Posted 4 years ago
joakim.kasimir says:
I have the issue on my Huawei device but not on my Lenovo. Both running Android 9. I want this very annoying notification to disappear. I does not give the end user any value. I was before a Beta tester, but not any more. Still getting this type of notification.
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.