Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to check sync status

coasterguy53433 says:
Whenever RTM has changes to synchronize, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.

I've generally found that it's a bad practice to exit the RTM app during a sync. (I sync a lot of tasks, and there have been several times when doing this caused a bigger sync to take place, or even some changes can be lost completely.)

In the past, I always knew exactly when RTM was syncing because I could see Apple's network activity icon.

I recently upgraded to the newest iPhone -- and there's a notch at the top of the screen. Now, that spinning network icon is gone.

Inside the RTM app for iPhone, I can't seem to find a way to confirm that a sync has completed. Is there somewhere I can look?

If not, I might suggest this as a feature request. There are many other apps that have *some* kind of indication that a sync has just completed.
Posted at 1:12am on April 29, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mwyadartm,
Thanks for getting in touch.

The app should sync in the background if you leave the app right after making a change or starting a sync. Assuming you have background refresh on, the app gets 10 minutes to "finish up", during which time it can finish any remaining sync data.

If you prefer an indication to make sure the app has synced successfully though, you can swipe down in any view to initiate a manual sync, and the activity indicator will appear there (at the top of the task list, etc.) and will go away when the sync is completed.

A "Last Sync" timestamp is also available in the app's Settings under About.

Hope this helps!
Posted 4 years ago
coasterguy53433 says:
Perfect. Thank you so much!!!
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.